Whatever happened to Jeff Davis?

Old February 23rd 04, 11:46 AM
Richard Henry

Default Whatever happened to Jeff Davis?

He has rolled completely out of vies of my server.

Is he conducting an avalanche field exercise this week?

Old February 23rd 04, 05:22 PM
scottabe

in article yKl_b.10729$4K3.9126@fed1read06, Richard Henry at

Andweeb got tired of trolling you stupid ****s.

Old February 23rd 04, 08:35 PM
bdubya

On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 12:20:05 -0800, lal_truckee
wrote:

Sven Golly w

I'm partial to the Aug 22 68 "Lovelight"...

I much prefer the 1966 Decca release (studio version). Of course,
that was Them, with Van on vocals, so it's sort of an unfair
comparison...

bw
Who are, what are Them?
Old February 23rd 04, 09:10 PM
lal_truckee

wrote:

Sven Golly w

I'm partial to the Aug 22 68 "Lovelight"...

I much prefer the 1966 Decca release (studio version). Of course,
that was Them, with Van on vocals, so it's sort of an unfair
comparison...

bw
Who are, what are Them?

The Who aren Apostrophe t Them.
Old February 23rd 04, 09:11 PM
Walt

lal_truckee wrote:
bdubya wrote:

I much prefer the 1966 Decca release (studio version). Of course,
that was Them, with Van on vocals, so it's sort of an unfair
comparison...

Who are, what are Them?

The Who aren Apostrophe t Them.

As long as we're off on the tangent of obscure counter-cultural
references, does anyody remember the Firesign Theatre record where they
did the spoof of the "Who's on First Routine" with actual band names
instead of fictitious baseball players? I don't remember them using
"Them", but IIRC they worked The Who, The Guess Who, The Band, and Yes
into the routine. I haven't heard it in 30 years or so, so my
recollection may be hazy.

But to answer the question, "Them" is a novel by Joyce Carol Oates,
which unfortunately contains no skiing content whatsoever.

--
//-Walt
//
Old February 23rd 04, 09:58 PM
The Real Bev

Walt wrote:

lal_truckee wrote:
bdubya wrote:

I much prefer the 1966 Decca release (studio version). Of course,
that was Them, with Van on vocals, so it's sort of an unfair
comparison...

Who are, what are Them?

The Who aren Apostrophe t Them.

As long as we're off on the tangent of obscure counter-cultural
references, does anyody remember the Firesign Theatre record where they
did the spoof of the "Who's on First Routine" with actual band names
instead of fictitious baseball players? I don't remember them using
"Them", but IIRC they worked The Who, The Guess Who, The Band, and Yes
into the routine. I haven't heard it in 30 years or so, so my
recollection may be hazy.

But to answer the question, "Them" is a novel by Joyce Carol Oates,
which unfortunately contains no skiing content whatsoever.

Is that the one with Peter Graves and the giant nucleated ants living in
the Los Angeles storm drains near the LA River?

--
Cheers,
Bev
Old February 23rd 04, 10:19 PM
Richard Henry

"Walt" wrote in message
lal_truckee wrote:
bdubya wrote:

I much prefer the 1966 Decca release (studio version). Of course,
that was Them, with Van on vocals, so it's sort of an unfair
comparison...

Who are, what are Them?

The Who aren Apostrophe t Them.

As long as we're off on the tangent of obscure counter-cultural
references, does anyody remember the Firesign Theatre record where they
did the spoof of the "Who's on First Routine" with actual band names
instead of fictitious baseball players? I don't remember them using
"Them", but IIRC they worked The Who, The Guess Who, The Band, and Yes
into the routine. I haven't heard it in 30 years or so, so my
recollection may be hazy.

Hazy obski reference: listening to Pause in the Disaster tape on the way to
Mammoth: "Put the wagons in a circle! ... No cover charge, any time! ...
Your time is up! ... Sunday! Sunday! Sunday!"

Old February 23rd 04, 10:45 PM
The Real Bev

lal_truckee wrote:

The Real Bev wrote:

Walt wrote:

lal_truckee wrote:

bdubya wrote:

[...]

Oops. Should have read further. Yes to Aunties, no to Graves.
Flamethrowers anonymous got a big boost from this one.

For some reason I believe that Peter Graves made ALL those cool sci-fi
movies :-(

ObSki: Looks like it's going to snow like crazy this week - everybody
pile in the family wheels and head on up.

Here too, but they insist on chains. Not without reason, we even have
trouble with rain around here :-(