holmenkollen LIVE

Old March 17th 07, 09:30 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
32 degrees

Default holmenkollen LIVE

www.euchannels.net

then click on NORWAY then NRK

has someone posted this before? maybe i missed it.

JKal.
i'm watching right now !

Old March 17th 07, 09:49 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Jan Gerrit Klok

The ladies seem to be avoiding the track a lot. I see quite a few strokes
which look a lot like skating, just accidental slips and corners?

"32 degrees" schreef in bericht

Old March 17th 07, 01:45 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Terje Mathisen

Default holmenkollen LIVE: Odd-Bjørn!

We have just seen the finish of the most exciting 50 K in many years!

Amazing weather for all the spectators (blue skies, 5+, some wind, but
too hot for the skiers, making the snow exceedingly wet & somewhat dirty.

Odd-Bjørn Hjelmeset started 30 seconds behind Frode Estil, so his
tactics were clear: Open hard and try to catch up early.

This worked very well, and Odd-Bjørn was in the lead early, fighting it
out with Rene Sommerfelt, while Jack Mae who skied together with Rene
was more or less equal with Frode.

Tobias Angerer who started dead last started out relatively slowly, then
started skiing much faster than everyone else on the second loop,
catching up to and passing O-B around the 35 k mark.

On the final long uphills from Ullevålsæter (40.4 k), O-B & Frode gained
a couple of seconds back on Tobias (from 10 via 8 to 6.5), and at that
point O-B seemed to enjoy himself a lot more than the man with the
Yellow jersey.

After the finish O-B explained that there were so many people all along
the course, yelling & screaming at them, that he needed something like
10 k before he finally was able to understand the service people yelling
split times at him, telling about how Angerer had taken over the lead. :-)

Terje

--
-
Old March 18th 07, 12:58 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
shreddir

Yeah, if you remember all last season I was constantly posting messages
saying I was watching this or that race live on Norwegian TV using Peer2Peer
TV streaming, however I never did actually paste the euchannels link in my
text, so in that respect you might be first. I bet you got it from the
recent announcement article in FasterSkier put up a couple of days ago.