Södergren unwell

Old November 23rd 08, 01:14 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Alex

Default Södergren unwell

One thing I picked up while looking in the Swedish press, is that
Södergren missed Gällivare because of illness. He has suspected
testicular cancer, and has been operated on already. He is awaiting
test results.

Best wishes to him.
Old November 23rd 08, 02:03 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Jeff and Stephanie Kalember

Sodergen is one of my favorites, sending prayers his way.
Lance conquered it, Anders can too.

Old November 24th 08, 08:33 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Chris Cole

Apologies for being pedantic, but one doesn't conquer testicular
cancer... you're lucky enough to find it early, have a non-aggressive
type or one that responds favourably to available treatments, and
hopefully have a competent doctor. Prayers are also a wonderful way of
feeling like you're doing something useful when you're not. Maybe send
some money to a cancer research institute instead?

Guess I'm in an intolerant-of-fuzzy-thinking mood today.

Ski well! And I hope Sodergren recovers...

Chris

Old November 24th 08, 08:06 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
ADK Skier

"Alex" wrote in message
One thing I picked up while looking in the Swedish press, is that
Södergren missed Gällivare because of illness. He has suspected
testicular cancer, and has been operated on already. *He is awaiting
test results.

Best wishes *to him.- Hide quoted text -

Damn I always wanted to say that. Good for you Cole.

Old November 25th 08, 11:53 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Jeff and Stephanie Kalember

PS. Check definition #4. Lance did conquer it. As for prayer, I'm not one
to do it, but didnt want to sound kooky and say something like "sending
positive universal vibes your way."

As for being intolerant Chris Cole, your post was ... did you wake up on the
wrong side of the ski trail yesterday?

JKal.

con?quer /'k??k?r/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [kong-ker] Show IPA
Pronunciation

-verb (used with object) 1. to acquire by force of arms; win in war: to
conquer a foreign land.
2. to overcome by force; subdue: to conquer an enemy.
3. to gain, win, or obtain by effort, personal appeal, etc.: conquer
the hearts of his audience.
4. to gain a victory over; surmount; master; overcome: to conquer
disease and poverty; to conquer one's fear.

Old November 26th 08, 02:07 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Everett

Default Södergren OK!

Actually, I just read (via Wintersport.as) that Sodergren is OK. The
growth was benign. He'll be back training right away and on the WC
starting line very soon.

Old November 26th 08, 06:06 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Anders

On Nov 26, 5:07*am, Everett wrote:

Actually, I just read (via Wintersport.as) that Sodergren is OK. The
growth was benign. He'll be back training right away and on the WC
starting line very soon.

In La Clusaz.

But not without a new nickname, I'm afraid...

Anders

Old November 26th 08, 01:18 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

Looks like the prayers worked.
Old November 28th 08, 01:49 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Chris Cole

wrote:
Looks like the prayers worked.

No, it doesn't.