Dumb seasonal question - any advice?

Old March 21st 04, 12:44 PM
Tom

Default Dumb seasonal question - any advice?

Apologies for dumb question - I am only in second season and haven't learned
all about seasons yet.

I live near London and want to squeeze in another European holiday before
season's end.

If a resort is open until, say, end April, or even end of May, is there a
gradual drop-off of conditions the later you go, or is it just as much pot luck
as it would be in January?

I'm thinking of Meribel / Mottaret again as I know the pistes well and was
getting on really well there. Any advice?

And where else should I look to for a late holiday with a good chance of good
conditions?

Many thanks for any answers to my dumb question!

Tom
Old March 21st 04, 09:47 PM
Max

"Tom" wrote in message
Apologies for dumb question - I am only in second season and haven't

learned
all about seasons yet.

I live near London and want to squeeze in another European holiday before
season's end.

If a resort is open until, say, end April, or even end of May, is there a
gradual drop-off of conditions the later you go, or is it just as much pot

luck
as it would be in January?

I'm thinking of Meribel / Mottaret again as I know the pistes well and was
getting on really well there. Any advice?

And where else should I look to for a late holiday with a good chance of

good
conditions?

Many thanks for any answers to my dumb question!

Tom

Npot sure about there but im going to Hemsedal which is in Norway, april
should be fine there.

Old March 23rd 04, 07:49 PM
Tom

Npot sure about there but im going to Hemsedal which is in Norway, april
should be fine there.

Thanks for the advice chaps. I hear Sweden has some late season ends too. I'm
not sure what to do yet but it sounds like I still have time.

Cheers,

Tom