Snowboarder Dead :-(

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 10th 05, 05:45 PM
WeatherCam

"Champ" wrote in message
On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 12:00:40 +0100, "Simon Brown"
wrote:
He would have been much safer off piste :-)
--
Champ

Didn't even bother posting this in my Les Houches report last week, I
actually forgot - Les Houches was my first "piste" resort holiday for four
years, as all the recent ones have been touring etc - though occassionally
we have to travel through resorts to get a lift etc - anyway I was making
the comment to my wife as to how I hate crowded piste slopes - 45 mins
later, we were going down a blue chemain, and I was ahead, and prior to a
junction in the piste, I went way off to the side and waited for her, then
out of the corner of my eye I saw this skier coming straight at me, at first
I though it was ACE going for me, I tried to move but was not fast enough
and he hit me full on, I went flying and he shot pass me with both skies
coming off etc etc - I went berserk at him, and his mates tried to calm me
down, I was attempting to take my board off and climb back up to grab his
skies and break them, I was so mad when my other half came down, she saw the
whole thing - and then his mates tried to infer that I was going fast, when
I was stationery - anyway, for those that have been away at the busy periods
what you see on the piste is frightening, very much downmarket Frogs in
15year old nylon one pieces that think they can ski - with me it could of so
well ended up with me in hospital, as it was I still have a few bruises on
my back - later on, two of the same group fell off a chair lift as they got
on it - I did try to exact my revenge by coming up alongside him and
shoulder barging him, but my other half was getting mad at my antics plus I
had to wait for her - oh well rant over, but I suppose these things have
happened and will continue to happen, much like driving a car......but it
does have to be said, that I did see more skier related "occurrences" than
boards - mind you at that time of year I'd estimate that it was 80% skiers
in Les Houches - La Tour was more like 70%