toes sticking out over board edge

Old January 1st 04, 07:17 PM
Rick Spencer

Default toes sticking out over board edge

Hi,

I'm learning to board this season (alread can ski). A friend of mine
loaned me a very nice board with bindings to learn on. However, this
friend of mine is slightly smaller then me. I noticed that the toes of
my boots stick out over the edge of the board an inch or so.

Is this normal? Will this make it harder to use my toe edge for linking
turns etc...?

TIA.

Cheers, Rick
Old January 2nd 04, 06:36 AM
ex

If the bindings have toe ramps that usually isn't a problem. If your toe is
touching the snow when you carve on your toe edge, it will become a problem.
If you don't have that problem, you shouldn't have to worry about it.

"Rick Spencer" wrote in message
Hi,

I'm learning to board this season (alread can ski). A friend of mine
loaned me a very nice board with bindings to learn on. However, this
friend of mine is slightly smaller then me. I noticed that the toes of
my boots stick out over the edge of the board an inch or so.

Is this normal? Will this make it harder to use my toe edge for linking
turns etc...?

TIA.

Cheers, Rick

---

Old January 2nd 04, 02:01 PM
Chet Hayes

An inch is quite a bit of overhang. A normal amount is about half
that. The amount of overhang is also dependent on the binding angle.
You only indicated concern about the toe side. What about the heel?
Are the bindings centered across the board?
Old January 2nd 04, 09:51 PM
TomTom

There are several ways to get rid of overhang (or at least equalize it from
heel to toe).

#1, make sure you have the right size bindings for your boot size.

#2, make sure the heel cup of the binding is adjusted to the correct boot
size (or so that your overhang is equal on both heel/toe)

#3, increasing your binding angles will decrease overhang

#4, get boots that are shorter, in my boot shopping i've noticed that size
10 boots can vary in physical dimensions (most importanly the length from
heel to toe) by up to an inch. Find several comfortable boots in your size,
and then line them up with the heel against the wall, buy the shortest ones.

#5, buy some palmer powerlink risers that will move your binding 1 centimer
up off the board and thereby getting your toes (or heels) further away from
the snow, http://www.palmerusa.com, these will also speed up your edge to
edge transfers

#6, some bindings have mounting discs that allow you to slide the binding in
small increments from tip to tail, or from toe edge to heel edge, depending
on how you have the mounting disc oriented.

Moedown!

-Tom

"Rick Spencer" wrote in message
Hi,

I'm learning to board this season (alread can ski). A friend of mine
loaned me a very nice board with bindings to learn on. However, this
friend of mine is slightly smaller then me. I noticed that the toes of
my boots stick out over the edge of the board an inch or so.

Is this normal? Will this make it harder to use my toe edge for linking
turns etc...?

TIA.

Cheers, Rick

---

Donek Wide too "fast" a board for me? Johnny1 Snowboarding 18 December 6th 03 06:19 AM
Please help: Need old-style bindings for awesome Grateful Dead board Steve Panak Snowboarding 0 October 30th 03 11:12 PM
Board sizing... Brett Snowboarding 1 October 19th 03 11:07 PM
Boots pinch front of ankle... Tall Rider Brett Snowboarding 11 October 7th 03 02:02 AM
weight of board on life hurts knee Baretta Snowboarding 1 August 21st 03 11:54 PM