Is June Mt. Dead?

Old August 11th 12, 03:48 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

Default Is June Mt. Dead?

On Sat, 11 Aug 2012 10:59:01 -0400, VtSkier
wrote this crap:

Really? Iceland and Greenland were not far?

dopeslap Iceland and Greenland were indeed far from Norway, yet...
the inhabitants of those far places DID NOT go far from their homes.

Then how did they get there?

I saw the houses they built. You need trees. When they cut down the
trees and none grew back they abandoned the colony.

You need trees for rafters, these can be imported or scavenged from the
beach.

If there's no trees growing and the nearest trees are hundreds of
miles across the ocean how do you think they are going to wash up on
the beach? And you said they were not seafaring, so how could they
import them? Your logic is flawed.

Are there still people in Ireland for instance? There are not enough
trees to supply fuel for cooking and heating in Ireland and there hasn't
been for at least a thousand years. Yet the people are still there,
happily burning peat. Peat is still used in Scotland but trees are
returning there enough so that there is now a lumber industry. Peat in
Scotland is what makes your Scotch taste so good.

There is no peat in Greenland.

Lack of trees is not a good reason to abandon your home. The
Greenlanders did not abandon their homes for this reason. They did,
however, abandon their homes because of climate change.

The whole point I'm trying to make is that it was warmer in Greenland
when they were there. You are trying to tell me that they had climate
change when it got colder. Now you're trying to tell me climate
change is making it warmer? Your logic makes no sense.

BTW, when I woke up this morning it was 60 degrees. 60 degrees in the
middle of August. I was actually thinking of turning on the furnace
but I didn't want to release the CO2 into the air.

Frequently when I get up in the summer it's 50 degrees or less.

In August? When I was at Camp Ethan Allen in August it was in the
90s. However, when I was in Fort Lewis outside Seattle it once got
into the 20s in August. But Seattle is not Burlington.

Global warming is a stupid myth.

I've just experienced the coldest July in Michigan's history, and the
coldest August. Yet the media is telling me it's been the warmest.

There's an ancient Chinese proverb that I once made up. It goes a
little something like this, "Don't **** on my boots and tell me it's
raining."

Vote for Romney. Repeal the nightmares.
Old August 11th 12, 09:50 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Sat, 11 Aug 2012 14:25:58 -0400, VtSkier
wrote this crap:

No it's not and when you snip something please have the courtesy to say
that you've done so.

Courtesy to you? Won't happen. I'm the senior military official for
this newsgroup. Not you.

Vote for Romney-Ryan. repeal the nightmares.
Old August 12th 12, 12:50 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

Wishful-hope rumor floating around (from a friend of a friend ^n of
Dave McCoy's grandson) that Dave himself will take some money out of
the bank and sub-lease June Mt, perhaps as soon as this season. So
those with the bumper stickers reading "What would Dave do?" may be
about to find out.
Old August 12th 12, 03:10 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

On Saturday, August 11, 2012 8:04:52 AM UTC-6, (unknown) wrote:

I've been to France. You won't like it. Besides, a beach is a beach.

Unless there's skinny girls playing volleyball there's nothing new.

I've been to France too. Even took a train one day out to Cherbourg, just looked around a bit and back to Paris.

A beach IS a beach. I love the beach. But Omaha etc. will hold something special for me to see and remember. And for my wife who's family was direct victims of occupation. Their liberation days are quite the big celebrations in those countries. And to be there on the anniversary of Dday will be special to me. If you think about it, it would be for you too.
Old August 12th 12, 04:45 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On 2012-08-12 00:50:47 +0000, Richard Henry said:

Wishful-hope rumor floating around (from a friend of a friend ^n of
Dave McCoy's grandson) that Dave himself will take some money out of
the bank and sub-lease June Mt, perhaps as soon as this season. *So
those with the bumper stickers reading "What would Dave do?" may be
about to find out.

Beware that small towns tend to get these type of rumors, with no rhyme
or reason.

* *MMSA is not going charge a miminal price to sub lease or help with
the permit process. *They are going to demand $14 million or more
dollars to let anyone operate June Mountain. *It isn't leasing the
mountain but the equipment, facilities, payment of insurance premiums,
payment to workers' health insurance/HMO provider, etc. etc. * They
have to do this with the high risk that the first year of operation
they could lose around tenth or so of their investments, (a million
dollar loss on $14 million or more on their investment)

* There isn't going to be a white knight on shining armour to swoop
down to save June Mountain. *Any serious prospective owner is going to
do some radical changes to June Mountain to make it profitable, number
one to keep overhead down and raise season passes and lift ticket
prices. *It won't be pretty. *A serious buyer probably has a background
in commercial real estate.

The June Mt manager said at one oof the meetings that the book value
of the MMSA property on June Mt was about $14 million. A 5% ROI on
that would be $700K, with the added benefit to MMSA that they would
not be carrying any losses forward to next year, so I think they
could get it for a lot less. I also think the Forest service and Mono
County would be very helpful in any permit or licensing issues.

Dave McCoy has enough money in the bank that he could treat the whole
thing as his hobby, but I'm not holding my breath waiting on this one.
Old August 12th 12, 12:12 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Sat, 11 Aug 2012 20:10:44 -0700 (PDT), pigo
wrote this crap:

On Saturday, August 11, 2012 8:04:52 AM UTC-6, (unknown) wrote:

I've been to France. You won't like it. Besides, a beach is a beach.

Unless there's skinny girls playing volleyball there's nothing new.

I've been to France too. Even took a train one day out to
Cherbourg, just looked around a bit and back to Paris.

A beach IS a beach. I love the beach. But Omaha etc.
will hold something special for me to see and remember.
And for my wife who's family was direct victims of occupation.
Their liberation days are quite the big celebrations in those countries.
And to be there on the anniversary of Dday will be special to me.
If you think about it, it would be for you too.

Just another day for me. I'll be at the yacht club. And if I want to
see a beach I'll just step outside the bar and sit on the patio.

Vote for Romney. Repeal the nightmares.
Old August 13th 12, 12:48 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha twobuddha is offline
Banned

On Saturday, August 11, 2012 5:50:47 PM UTC-7, Richard Henry wrote:
Wishful-hope rumor floating around (from a friend of a friend ^n of

Dave McCoy's grandson) that Dave himself will take some money out of

the bank and sub-lease June Mt, perhaps as soon as this season. So

those with the bumper stickers reading "What would Dave do?" may be

about to find out.

Wishful, hopeful rumor: Dickless Richard Henry will provide the contact info of the SPD officer he claimed was going to jail me for life.
Old August 13th 12, 12:49 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

And think of all the Canadians you can **** off!!!!!!!!
You know what we be very special to me? Dickless Bob Thompson spewing his **** in person.
Old August 13th 12, 08:53 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
BrritSki[_3_]

On 2012-08-09 12:48:50 +0000, VtSkier said:

I'm of the opinion that there is indeed Global Warming.

I am not convinced that the MAJOR cause is humans.

There is a huge amount of evidence that global warming is anthropogenic
global warming (AGW) (ie man made)

http://www.ucsusa.org/ssi/climate-ch...sensus-on.html

A lot of pdf files, not likely to be actual data sets....

Kenji Watts is a member of UCS:
http://wattsupwiththat.com/2011/10/07/friday-funny-the-newest-member-of-the-union-of-concerned-scientists/

Old August 13th 12, 11:18 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
VtSkier[_3_]

On 2012-08-09 12:48:50 +0000, VtSkier said:

I'm of the opinion that there is indeed Global Warming.

I am not convinced that the MAJOR cause is humans.

There is a huge amount of evidence that global warming is anthropogenic
global warming (AGW) (ie man made)

http://www.ucsusa.org/ssi/climate-ch...sensus-on.html

A lot of pdf files, not likely to be actual data sets....

Kenji Watts is a member of UCS:
http://wattsupwiththat.com/2011/10/07/friday-funny-the-newest-member-of-the-union-of-concerned-scientists/

Very clever indeed.

While I believe that the global climate IS getting warmer at the moment
AND that there is a great deal of evidence that the current warming is
anthropogenic, I also believe that the jury is still out on ultimate cause.

I've written that the climate has been just as warm (or possibly warmer)
in historical pre-industrial times. I have also written that the climate
was MUCH colder following that warmer period. These warm/cold periods
were quite short on a geological scale so we should be able, within a
few years, to determine what is REALLY causing the present day warming
trend.

I also believe that the pollution, including so-called 'greenhouse
gasses' are POSITIVELY a great threat to our overall environment and
that we must stop their release into the environment to safeguard the
conditions in which we live.

My problem with the current belief of the CAUSE of global warming is the
fact that within a few years the trend could reverse itself without any
human agency changing anything and EVERYBODY, not just sceptics, will
say that GW was a big hoax and will return to 'business as usual' with
little or no restraint and THAT will be a BIG mistake.

Global warming is a fact. The cause as yet not fully understood.
Pollution of our environment is a fact and must stop. Cancer rates and
other environmental disease should be enough evidence to stop pollution
without the bandwagon of Global Warming.