Finnish season opener (and Scandi previews)

Old November 8th 03, 04:09 PM
Tomas Bystrom

Default Finnish season opener (and Scandi previews)

The snow is not abundant in Scandinavia, but Muonio is a reliable place.
There was a test race involving at least the Finns, Estonians,
Germans and Japanese.

Results men (from skidsport.com):
1)Veerpalu,26,35, 2)Mae,26,42, 3)Sommerfeldt,27,04, 4)Schlutter,27,07,
5)Angerer,27,14, J, 6)Narusk,27,20 7) Filbrich,27,21, 8) Olle,27,23,
9) Kanamaru,27,37, 10) Taipale,27,38,,,,,19) Teicman,28,04,,,,
21) Isometsä,28,07

Results women:
1) Smigun,14,44 2)Sachenbacher,14,58,3)Wälimaa,15,02,4)Fukuda,15,0 3,
5) Henkel,15,12

The Norwegian men had an inofficial short test race at Gålå where some
of the youngsters showed that they want to fight for spots on the team.
Official season opener next weekend in Beitostølen.

1. Jan Egil Andresen 17.57
2. Håverd Bjerkeli 18.02
3. Chris Jespersen 18.10
4. Tore Ruud Hofstad 18.14
5. Odd-Bjørn Hjelmeset 18.20
5. Øystein Andersen 18.20
7. Anders Aukland 18.25
7. Jens Arne Svartedal 18.25
7. Trond Einar Elden 18.25
7. Eivind Juul Pedersen 18.25
11. Tor Arne Hetland 18.26
11. Eldar Rønning 18.26
13. John Kristian Dahl 18.32
14. Tore Bjonviken 18.41
15. Remi Andersen 18.57
16. Kristian Horntvedt 18.59
17. Trond Iversen 19.01
18. Espen Harald Bjerke 19.17
19. Håvard Skorstad 20.04
20. Sjur Børsheim 20.15

The Swedish team is on the traditional camp in Bruskvallarna where the
season opener also takes place next weekend. The troubles with colds and
flus are already attacking Lina Andersson, and some of the other women.

/Tomas

--
Caps and foobar are normally not parts of my address.
Old November 8th 03, 04:18 PM
Tomas Bystrom

In article , Tomas Bystrom wrote:
The snow is not abundant in Scandinavia, but Muonio is a reliable place.
There was a test race involving at least the Finns, Estonians,
Germans and Japanese.

The distance was 5/10K classic, and tomorrow it'll be 5/10K free.

Full results at: http://www.muonio.fi/liikunta/8-11-03.htm

/Tomas

--
Caps and foobar are normally not parts of my address.
Old November 8th 03, 05:50 PM
Gary Jacobson

"Tomas Bystrom" wrote in message

The Swedish team is on the traditional camp in Bruskvallarna where the
season opener also takes place next weekend. The troubles with colds and
flus are already attacking Lina Andersson, and some of the other women.

Now, only if they had consulted this newsgroup they would have averted those
problems.
Got my flu shot Thursday.
If Rob Bradlee should end up with my roller skis he'll suffer the guilt of a
thousand Myllyläs.

Gary Jacobson
Rosendale, NY

Old November 8th 03, 09:22 PM
J999w

Hey, that's cool.

www.skidsport.com ... click on the little german flag for each article, then
use Google language tools to translate into english.

"October was a disappointment for Evi Sachenbacher.
First she got a flu and then tightened oneself her a Nebenhoehlenentzuendung.
- I have to train too early begun and then I again ill, tell Evi, which had her
only one week training despite that, in Muonio one prima form confirmation got.
- it went tremendously well, although I do not like the classical one, says a
lucky Evi Sachenbacher to the Saisondebut."

What ever a " Nebenhoehlenentzuendung" is!!.

jw
milwaukee
..

Old November 9th 03, 02:46 PM
Tomas Bystrom

Second day of openers.

Free style in Muonio. Full results can be found at:
http://www.muonio.fi/liikunta/9-11-03.htm

The names in the top spots for the women were far from unfamiliar, and
Smigun seems to be going well for the coming season.

Women 5K F
1. Kristina SMIGUN EST 28.41,3
2. Claudia KUENZEL GER 29.07,0
3. Valentina SHEVCHENKO UKR 29.07,2
4. Virpi KUITUNEN FIN 29.57,3
5. Evi SACHENBACHER GER 30.00,8

A clean sweep for the German men, and they sure will continue to be
a force to be reckoned with.

Men 10K F
1. Tobias ANGERER GER 35.14,3
2. Jens FILBRICH GER 35.32,7
3. Rene SOMMERFELDT GER 35.39,3
4. Axel TEICHMANN GER 35.44,6
5. Andreas SCHLUETTER GER 35.48,4

In Gålå, Norway, the women had their test race today. 7.5K skate was
the distance and Marit Bjørgen proved the strongest - will the sprint
queen be a contender for the longer races this year?

Results
1. Marit Bjørgen 18.16
2. Hilde G. Pedersen 18.30
3. Kine Beate Bjørnås 18.39
4. Ella Gjømle 18.46
5. Tina Bay 18.50
6. Kristin Størmer Steira 18.52
7. Vibeke Skofterud 18.56
8. Hanne Pettersen 19.14
9. Marit Roaldseth 19.23
10. Ingrid Narum 19.32
11. Ingrid Aune Tyldum 21.26

The Swedes had a test race in Bruksvallarna, and Anders
Södergren proved the strongest for the day, 13 seconds ahead of Per
Elofsson, and Mathias Fredriksson was another four seconds behind.
Elofsson led by 11 seconds halfways, but seems to have faded somewhat.

Men 12K C
1. Anders Södergren,31,04
2. Per Elofsson,31,17
3. Mathias Fredriksson, 31,21
4.Martin Larsson, 31,43
5. Jörgen Brink, 31,57
6. Thobias Fredriksson, 32,01
7. Peter Larsson, 32,06
8. Martin Koukal, 32,10
9. Niklas Karlsson, 32.21
10. Anders Högberg, 32,25

Women 6K C
1. Mariana Handler 17,43
2. Elin Ek, 17,51
3. Anna Karin Strömstedt 18,09
4. Sofia Lind, 18,28
5. Sofia Domeij, 18,33
6. Jenny Olsson, 18,50

It's still very early days, but it's more or less "good old" names in
the top (with the exception of the youngsters in the Norwegian men's
test) in the tests - so even in the absence of international
championships it might prove to be an interesting season. Hopefully,
some teams will offer the chance for new talents to try themselves
against the big girls and boys.

/Tomas

--
Caps and foobar are normally not parts of my address.
Old November 10th 03, 07:13 AM
Janne G

J999w wrote:

Hey, that's cool.

www.skidsport.com ... click on the little german flag for each article, then
use Google language tools to translate into english.

"October was a disappointment for Evi Sachenbacher.
First she got a flu and then tightened oneself her a Nebenhoehlenentzuendung.
- I have to train too early begun and then I again ill, tell Evi, which had her
only one week training despite that, in Muonio one prima form confirmation got.
- it went tremendously well, although I do not like the classical one, says a
lucky Evi Sachenbacher to the Saisondebut."

What ever a " Nebenhoehlenentzuendung" is!!.

Is it not easier to learn Swedish than deciper this, and then i don't just
mean "Nebenhoehlenentzuendung" ? ;-)

--

Forward in all directions

Janne G
Old November 10th 03, 11:38 AM
PF

Tomas, as a cross country fan (particularly for swedish team) i appreciate
the results you've posted, but do you know if there is a ng regarding world
cup events and news about athletes ?!?
Ciao.

Old November 10th 03, 02:44 PM
Inger Skramstad Jørstad

"Janne G" skrev i melding
What ever a " Nebenhoehlenentzuendung" is!!.

Is it not easier to learn Swedish than deciper this, and then i don't just

mean "Nebenhoehlenentzuendung" ? ;-)
This is a German word, not Swedish. "Nebenhøhlenentzundung", die (f) =
"sinusitis", "sinus trouble", some kind of an inflammation. It is a fairly
common Nordic winter disease. In my own language, Norwegian =
"bihulebetennelse." I do not off-hand know the Swedish word for this.

Old November 10th 03, 02:54 PM
Inger Skramstad Jørstad

"Janne G" skrev i melding
What ever a " Nebenhoehlenentzuendung" is!!.

Is it not easier to learn Swedish than deciper this, and then i don't just

mean "Nebenhoehlenentzuendung" ? ;-)
Now I see that you are in fact yourself Swedish (.se). What is "sinusitis"
in Swedish?
Hva heter "sinusitis" på svensk? Det er vel noe med "inflammation"? På norsk
er det "bihulebetennelse."