Advice on replacing Tecnica TNT Explosion 8 Boots

Old January 26th 05, 05:49 PM
Ian Lowry

Default Advice on replacing Tecnica TNT Explosion 8 Boots

My Tecnicas have recently developed an ir-repairable crack in the shell. I'm
having trouble finding any suitable boots to replace them with. I have a
wide forefoot , but a narrow heel (size 46) and my Tecnicas have a custom
injected liner and footbed. I'm 198 cm and 100Kg and ski hard. I'm
struggling to find any boots that are wide enough or stiff enough such that
they don't just collapse (boots generally have got softer but thay seem way
too soft for me. Can anyone advise a suitable boot or solution to similar
problem? Ian !

Old January 26th 05, 08:00 PM
Sammy

Ian Lowry wrote:
My Tecnicas have recently developed an ir-repairable crack in the

shell. I'm
having trouble finding any suitable boots to replace them with. I

have a
wide forefoot , but a narrow heel (size 46) and my Tecnicas have a

custom
injected liner and footbed. I'm 198 cm and 100Kg and ski hard. I'm
struggling to find any boots that are wide enough or stiff enough

such that
they don't just collapse (boots generally have got softer but thay

seem way
too soft for me. Can anyone advise a suitable boot or solution to

similar
problem? Ian !

try Head - wide at front, narrow at back, stiff as you'll need.

Sammy

Old January 26th 05, 09:31 PM
Greg Hilton

"Ian Lowry" wrote in
:

My Tecnicas have recently developed an ir-repairable crack in the
shell. I'm having trouble finding any suitable boots to replace them
with. I have a wide forefoot , but a narrow heel (size 46) and my
Tecnicas have a custom injected liner and footbed. I'm 198 cm and
100Kg and ski hard. I'm struggling to find any boots that are wide
enough or stiff enough such that they don't just collapse (boots
generally have got softer but thay seem way too soft for me. Can
anyone advise a suitable boot or solution to similar problem? Ian

My honest advice is as follows.

Ignore anyone who tells you to try x, y or z boot. Goto a recommended
good boot shop in the hills, and they should look at your feet, your
flex and they will tell you what boot is for you.

I personally have had very good experience with Precision Ski in Val
D'Isere, which have a very good reputation. Footworks in Chamonix also
seem to have a very good reputation, I paid them a visit and they seemed
to be good but I have not had boots fitted by them.

regards,

Greg
Old January 26th 05, 10:07 PM
Sammy

Greg Hilton wrote:

My honest advice is as follows.

Ignore anyone who tells you to try x, y or z boot. Goto a recommended

good boot shop in the hills, and they should look at your feet, your
flex and they will tell you what boot is for you.

I personally have had very good experience with Precision Ski in Val
D'Isere, which have a very good reputation. Footworks in Chamonix

also
seem to have a very good reputation, I paid them a visit and they

seemed
to be good but I have not had boots fitted by them.

regards,

Greg

I second the advice in the 2nd para - Footworks do a "customise until
satisfied" deal and will replace the odd broken clip etc as well for
the life of the boots.

I recommended Head because I had a similar requirement to the OP, not
for any other reason. They were from Footworks.

So, don't ignore me please, I'd be so hurt. It was good intentioned,
honest advice which may help narrow down the search for the right boot
if for some peculiar reason he doesn't happen to be anywhere near Val
or Cham.

Sammy

Old January 27th 05, 07:36 PM
Ian Lowry

Thanks guys,
I agree with your advice about the best place to try being out in the
hills. I have just returned from VAL D and I tried Precision Ski - with no
sucess. My time was a bit limited but I tried Head boots without success.
Maybe I'll have to risk that they can blow the shell to get the width (this
seems like a last resort though!).

Ian

Old January 28th 05, 05:18 AM
Greg Hilton

"Ian Lowry" wrote in
:

Thanks guys,
I agree with your advice about the best place to try being out in
the
hills. I have just returned from VAL D and I tried Precision Ski -
with no sucess. My time was a bit limited but I tried Head boots
without success. Maybe I'll have to risk that they can blow the shell
to get the width (this seems like a last resort though!).

Hi Ian,

Did you have a full appointment with Precision? I'm amazed that they
couldn't find a boot to fit, was that lack of stock or your foot shape?

regards,

Greg