11.5 °C

Old February 3rd 04, 09:24 AM
Simon Brown

Default 11.5 °C

At Crap Sogn Gion at 2,228m right now.

http://www.alpenarena.ch/pages/wetter/meteo.asp

And it's getting warmer. Looks like some of the moles were right - short
sharp winter then back to the sunbathing :-)

--
Simon Brown
www.hb9drv.ch

Old February 3rd 04, 09:38 AM
cupra

Simon Brown wrote:
At Crap Sogn Gion at 2,228m right now.
=20
http://www.alpenarena.ch/pages/wetter/meteo.asp
=20
And it's getting warmer. Looks like some of the moles were right -
short sharp winter then back to the sunbathing :-)

Bit of an inversion there - looks like the upper slopes will be affected =
more than lower!

It's forecast to get colder by the weekend with some more precipitation =
(snow hopefully!) - I'm off to Lech on Sunday and I'll be gutted if it =
deteriorates appreciably after hearing of perfect conditions over the =
past 2-3 weeks!

--=20
cupra (remove nospam please to mail)

Old February 3rd 04, 10:22 AM
Simon Brown

Yep, same weather expected here, but I must say this is a mild winter so
far.

BTW the lower slopes - main station - sits in the shadows and is a cold spot
anyway.
--
Simon Brown
www.hb9drv.ch

-

Old February 3rd 04, 10:44 AM
cupra

Simon Brown wrote:
Bit of an inversion there - looks like the upper slopes will be =

affected
more than lower!

It's forecast to get colder by the weekend with some more =

precipitation
(snow hopefully!) - I'm off to Lech on Sunday and I'll be gutted if it
deteriorates appreciably after hearing of perfect conditions over the =

past
2-3 weeks!

Yep, same weather expected here, but I must say this is a mild winter
so far.
=20

It does seem so - it was strange walking around in a T-shirt in Sauze =
D'Oulx in the midst of winter!

BTW the lower slopes - main station - sits in the shadows and is a
cold spot anyway.

Ah, I see.

Old February 3rd 04, 10:54 AM
Simon Brown

Just been out on my south-facing balconcy - this is early March weather. 13
°C in the shade, snow on the roof melting like crazy, and we get two more
days of this with rought 2 to 3 derees warmer.

Repeat after me: Climate change, climate change, ...

OK - it gets cold now and then, last time they were lucky and the weather
came from the North, but the settled weather periods this winter have been
way warmer than normal.
--
Simon Brown
www.hb9drv.ch

-

Old February 3rd 04, 11:14 AM
Switters

On Tue, 03 Feb 2004 11:44:18 GMT, " cupra"
allegedly wrote:

It does seem so - it was strange walking around in a T-shirt in Sauze
D'Oulx in the midst of winter!

Ooops, that's a shame, a friend of mine is out there this week.

But, just how does one pronounce the name?

- Dave.
Old February 3rd 04, 11:49 AM
PG

"Simon Brown" wrote in message
| Just been out on my south-facing balconcy - this is early March
weather. 13
| °C in the shade, snow on the roof melting like crazy, and we get two
more
| days of this with rought 2 to 3 derees warmer.
|
| Repeat after me: Climate change, climate change, ...
|
| OK - it gets cold now and then, last time they were lucky and the
weather
| came from the North, but the settled weather periods this winter have
been
| way warmer than normal.
| --

Don't, you'll be encouraging a whole load of posts from all the
undercover oil company employees and eternal optimists on this ng
again.....

Pete
www.skiclublesarcs.com

(Still have some late availability in Bourg St Maurice for Feb, any
takers, don't forget your T shirts and golf clubs......)

Old February 3rd 04, 12:15 PM
Ace

On Tue, 3 Feb 2004 12:54:36 +0100, "Simon Brown"
wrote:

Just been out on my south-facing balconcy - this is early March weather. 13
°C in the shade, snow on the roof melting like crazy, and we get two more
days of this with rought 2 to 3 derees warmer.

My first ski trip ever, 1993 in Chatel, saw temps in the 20s

Repeat after me: Climate change, climate change, ...

Repeat after me: Nothing new, nothing new, nothing new...

--
Ace (brucedotrogers a.t rochedotcom)
Old February 3rd 04, 01:09 PM
cupra

allegedly wrote:
=20
It does seem so - it was strange walking around in a T-shirt in Sauze
D'Oulx in the midst of winter!

=20
Ooops, that's a shame, a friend of mine is out there this week.
=20
But, just how does one pronounce the name?
=20
- Dave.

I pronounce it 'sauz - ay do'.... not sure how correct that is though!

Old February 3rd 04, 01:11 PM
Greg Hilton

my car outside temp guage hit 17 degrees here in Leeds :0

Greg