Daily Mail Ski Show - ouch

Old October 22nd 09, 09:09 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe,uk.rec.motorcycles
The Older Gentleman[_2_]

Default Daily Mail Ski Show - ouch

That bloody cost me.

Number One Daughter recently turned 18, and for her present, I asked if
she'd like a ski kit: boots, skis, etc. As she's lived on hand-me-downs
since the age of four, she beamed.

So I left her, with her mother, at the Snow & Rock stand, while I
wandered round, trying to find accommodation for us at half-term[1].

And every time I went back, the price tag had jumped by £50.

Not saying what it cost, but she's got a pair of Atomic boots, Volkl
skis and I-dunno-what bindings, and shell-shocked, I simply peeled the
notes off the roll of twenties I got from the sale of the BMW K100RS
recently.

And she's crooning over the kit. The boots are electrically heated, FFS.
I mean, when I was her age, I was on bloody leather lace-up things.

Oh well. Money well spent: a daughter on Cloud Nine, and if she's like
her Dad, the kit will last her[2].

[1] A nice apartment in Montgenevre, £900 for the three of us.
[2] My old Salomon boots did me for 22 years[3].
[3] And my Look 55 double-pivot bindings, transferred from skis to skis,
for nearly as long.

--
BMW K1100LT Ducati 750SS Honda CB400F Triumph Street Triple
Suzuki TS250ER (currently Beaving) Damn, back to five bikes!
Old October 22nd 09, 10:55 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe,uk.rec.motorcycles
DR

The Older Gentleman posted:
That bloody cost me.

Those who ski have money. Ipso facto.

--
Darren
GSF1200N K3
Old October 23rd 09, 12:48 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe,uk.rec.motorcycles
ogden

DR wrote:
The Older Gentleman posted:
That bloody cost me.

Those who ski have money. Ipso facto.

Skiing, at least for the British, is a painfully middle class pursuit.

--
ogden
Old October 23rd 09, 01:07 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe,uk.rec.motorcycles
Grimly Curmudgeon

drugs began to take hold. I remember (The
Older Gentleman) saying something like:

Number One Daughter recently turned 18,

cue lecherous ****s

1. Blimey, you kept that quiet.
Old October 23rd 09, 02:16 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe,uk.rec.motorcycles
vulgarandmischevious

ogden wrote:

DR wrote:
The Older Gentleman posted:
That bloody cost me.

Those who ski have money. Ipso facto.

Skiing, at least for the British, is a painfully middle class pursuit.

I never did it until I moved here (partly because I've never really
known many who did it - make of that what you will). But in Colorado
it's extremely diverse. Of course, I've never been to Vail...
Old October 23rd 09, 05:13 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe,uk.rec.motorcycles
Timo Geusch

DR writes:

The Older Gentleman posted:
That bloody cost me.

Those who ski had money. Ipso facto.

Post corrected for accuracy.

--
Morini Corsaro 125 | XL250 Motosport | R1150RT | 3 1/2 Sport
Laverda SF2 BOTAFOF #33 TWA#10
Old October 23rd 09, 06:36 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe,uk.rec.motorcycles
The Older Gentleman[_2_]

DR wrote:

The Older Gentleman posted:
That bloody cost me.

Those who ski have money. Ipso facto.

No. Those who *don't* ski have money. ;-)

Old October 23rd 09, 07:19 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe,uk.rec.motorcycles
Scraggy

Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:
drugs began to take hold. I remember
(The Older Gentleman) saying something like:

Number One Daughter recently turned 18,

cue lecherous ****s

1. Blimey, you kept that quiet.

And a very nice young lady she is, takes after her mother obviously.

members. Groucho Marx

Old October 23rd 09, 07:25 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe,uk.rec.motorcycles
Eiron

The Older Gentleman wrote:
DR wrote:

The Older Gentleman posted:
That bloody cost me.

Those who ski have money. Ipso facto.

No. Those who *don't* ski have money. ;-)

You mean those who can afford to but don't ski have money, YTC.

--
Eiron.
Old October 23rd 09, 08:27 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe,uk.rec.motorcycles
Pip[_2_]

In article m, boots
says...

On Fri, 23 Oct 2009 07:36:15 +0100 in uk.rec.motorcycles, The Older
Gentleman says:

DR wrote:

The Older Gentleman posted:
That bloody cost me.

Those who ski have money. Ipso facto.

No. Those who *don't* ski have money. ;-)

There are other more interesting and expensive pastimes to eat up the
cash.

There's a Mister Micawber thing to be done here, but ICBA.

--

Pip, the "Mechanical Nightmare" (tm Bonwick Major)

Friggin' ouch! Marty Alpine Skiing 4 January 31st 07 02:12 AM
Bohemia comments, or "ouch" bdubya Alpine Skiing (moderated) 42 February 26th 06 05:30 AM
Hip Flexors. OUCH Onno61 Nordic Skiing 12 December 2nd 05 02:05 PM
Mail RWL Nordic Skiing 4 February 23rd 05 09:45 PM
Ouch, need a wider board -JPMM JPMM Snowboarding 6 March 22nd 04 04:25 PM