The end of FREEZE mag!!

Old December 7th 04, 03:42 PM
Airjunkie2000

Default The end of FREEZE mag!!

FREEZE magazine January 05 issue is the last one EVER!
TransWorld Media cuts some fat and I guess they consider FREEZE to be
that fat. There will be many disappointed rippers reading the Jan 05
issue. FREEZE magazine was the first ski mag to make the move into the
new school ski world and introduce the icon skiers of this new age. As
far as most are concerned The New Canadian Air Force, Johnny Mosely's
360 mute at Nagano 98 Olympics together with FREEZE and a few other
icon athletes saved the sport of skiing. It sucks to see this
influential part of our sport go, but they aren't the only mag
showcasing the new school talent nowadays. Raise your drink to the mag
that made it happen and to the great new sport that we have all taken
part in.
http://www.huckzone.com/

Old December 7th 04, 04:26 PM
JvD

"Airjunkie2000" wrote in message
oups.com...
FREEZE magazine January 05 issue is the last one EVER!
TransWorld Media cuts some fat and I guess they consider FREEZE to be
that fat. There will be many disappointed rippers reading the Jan 05
issue. FREEZE magazine was the first ski mag to make the move into the
new school ski world and introduce the icon skiers of this new age. As
far as most are concerned The New Canadian Air Force, Johnny Mosely's
360 mute at Nagano 98 Olympics together with FREEZE and a few other
icon athletes saved the sport of skiing. It sucks to see this
influential part of our sport go, but they aren't the only mag
showcasing the new school talent nowadays. Raise your drink to the mag
that made it happen and to the great new sport that we have all taken
part in.
http://www.huckzone.com/

Indeed. If it wasn't for seeing those 1080s for the first time in Freeze,
I'm not sure if I would have started playing in the park and pipe so much.
Too many times I wiped out on my saa. ;-)

Oh well, they got the momentum going, and now it's everywhere.

Old December 7th 04, 05:18 PM
lal_truckee

Airjunkie2000 wrote:
CLIP
saved the sport of skiing...

Oh, really?

Good thing there are parks to keep you guys corralled and out of the way.
Old December 7th 04, 05:19 PM
Airjunkie2000

Actually that comment comes from someone (myself) who loved the sport
of skiing before the "new school" era. Without the parks and the new
look most of the younger generation would not have been involved in
skiing, it would have meant less people skiing and less publicity.
FREEZE and other new school mags along with the xgames publicizing the
movement helped skiing remain in the face of people who are not
directly associated or involved in it. It took the blue sky, toothy
smile, florecent one piece skiing that most knew and made it cool
again.
I guess you may consider me a "park rat" or something of that nature,
but I have paid my dues on the big mountain and in mogul competition;
trust me I wouldn't be in your way. If I had my choice I would take all
mountain over park, I just take the park as an oppertunity to expand my
skills, I am sorry you don't see it this way.
I love the sport of skiing and will always whether it is in the park,
the bumps or the steeps.

Airjunkie2000
http://www.huckzone.com/

Old December 7th 04, 06:13 PM
pigo

Or maybe it signals the end of fad of new age, lingoistic, "riders" and
things will get back to skiing and being good at it.

Old December 7th 04, 09:08 PM
Dmitry

"Airjunkie2000" wrote

I guess you may consider me a "park rat" or something of that nature,
but I have paid my dues on the big mountain and in mogul competition;
trust me I wouldn't be in your way. If I had my choice I would take all
mountain over park, I just take the park as an oppertunity to expand my
skills, I am sorry you don't see it this way.

Oh good, someone who is actually freestyle skiing here.

Could you describe your progression from the "regular" skier to someone
who's comfortable on twin tips and in the park? Having friends who are
good freestyle skiers is probably the best way to get into it, but I currently
don't have any so I'm curious as to what would the learning curve be if
I just went and tried to do it. Any books/instructional videos you can recommend?
Thanks!

Old December 8th 04, 12:18 AM
LePheaux

"Dmitry" wrote in message

"Airjunkie2000" wrote

I guess you may consider me a "park rat" or something of that nature,
but I have paid my dues on the big mountain and in mogul competition;
trust me I wouldn't be in your way. If I had my choice I would take all
mountain over park, I just take the park as an oppertunity to expand my
skills, I am sorry you don't see it this way.

Oh good, someone who is actually freestyle skiing here.

Could you describe your progression from the "regular" skier to someone
who's comfortable on twin tips and in the park? Having friends who are
good freestyle skiers is probably the best way to get into it, but I
currently
don't have any so I'm curious as to what would the learning curve be if
I just went and tried to do it. Any books/instructional videos you can
recommend?
Thanks!

Monkeys/Boarders have a NEGATIVE LEARNING CURVE.
Stay with the knuckle draggers.

Old December 8th 04, 03:48 AM
Dmitry

"LePheaux" wrote

You know the procedure, moron? **** off.

Old December 8th 04, 04:24 PM
JvD

"Dmitry" wrote
You know the procedure, moron? **** off.

Indeed.

Old December 11th 04, 08:28 AM
J. Urrrk

"Dmitry" wrote in message

[...]

It would hurt. But if you hurt yourself enough, someone will take you
aside and explain it to you. People are fundametally nice.

J. Urrrk, Halfpipe Mistake.