Fight with the snowboarders at Como

Old December 4th 03, 06:08 PM
Sly D. Skeez

Default Fight with the snowboarders at Como

Last Tues, Jay Tegeder was skiing at Como and he told me that some
snowboarders were throwing snowballs and Jay and Mike Mousloff. Due to
Jay's courses in anger management and the snowboarders interactions
with Jay T., the snowboarders decided to bury a snowboard at the
bottom of the hill in the middle of the nordic track (as you come from
the back bowl area). Actually, I ribbing Jay, and it was Mike who
needs some coursework. Anyway, the snowboard was white petex up the
hill and buried in snow. So they sabotaged the hill to take down the
next skier.

You guessed it, I was the next skier. I went down hard and cut up my
nose and chin, and the 4 or 5 of them were laughing. I got up, threw
the snowboard. That didn't relieve much anger, so I skied off with the
snowboard. The laughing turned to bitching. I turned around and didn't
say a thing, nor did they. I kept skiing, and they started bitching
again. Anyway, I tossed the snowboard after skiing threw the tunnel.
Apparently they didn't pick it up since it was still sitting there the
next day, and rumor has it that the snowboarders never got their board
back. Law of natural consequences I guess.

I also heard that the snowboarders put a street sign pipe at the
bottom of the same hill with the same idea. (I guess they learned not
to use a snowboard.) Watch your ski tips. It's a mean world out there.

Jay Wenner
Old December 4th 03, 08:14 PM
J999w

Ouch !

We had a single snowboarder at the local golf course one year, shredding on one
of the steeper downhills. I've got no problem with that, except he wasn't
paying attention and cut in front of me ... I skiid right over the front of his
board.

Never saw him again.

HA !

John Wilke
Milwaukee
Old December 5th 03, 12:53 PM
Jay Tegeder

Mike Moulsoff did say something that ****ed the snowboarders off after
they threw snowballs at him. I don't know what he said. All I said
was; "You missed me!", "You almost got me that time!" I figured if we
****ed them off they might trash the trail. My idea was to be cordial
and accept an occasional snowball attack. Anyway, from later reports,
they went too far. These guys were probably around 19 to 22 years old.
They broke off some branches of a couple of pine trees and used them
to block the trail. The snowboard and pipe in the trail were the last
straw so to speak. I've got my cell phone so I'm going to call the
cops next time something happens. I might go and punch a few of them
too. Now that could be bad since it would probably be me against three
or four... I'd guess them to be about my size. I'd say Mike Brumbaugh
and I could take all four of them. I'll take the smallest guy out and
Brumbaugh can handle the rest. You'd have to know Brumbaugh to
understand...

Jay Tegeder
"Keep training, lycra never lies!" JT

Old December 5th 03, 02:43 PM
George Cleveland

On 5 Dec 2003 04:53:24 -0800, (Jay Tegeder) wrote:

[...]

I hope somebody at least called the parks department about this incident.
Sounds like vandalism, pure and simple.

g.c.
Old December 5th 03, 08:26 PM
Jim Farrell

this whole thing really ****es me off. I hope you are alright, Jay, and
your skis as well. I am both a skier and a boarder, so I don't want to
generalize against a group, but i wish I were there to crack a few heads
together (with a backing of a few other nordic skiers.) But actually,
it is probably for the best that I STAY AWAY FROM THIS CRAP. I'll
likely do more harm than good.

Jim

Old December 5th 03, 10:39 PM
Greg Fangel

Jay,

So what's going to happen if someone ****es you off at a ski race?

Greg

"Jay Tegeder" wrote in message
om...
[...]

om...

Old December 8th 03, 08:05 AM
Primoz Jeroncic

Jay Tegeder wrote:
cops next time something happens. I might go and punch a few of them
too. Now that could be bad since it would probably be me against three
or four... I'd guess them to be about my size. I'd say Mike Brumbaugh
and I could take all four of them. I'll take the smallest guy out and
Brumbaugh can handle the rest. You'd have to know Brumbaugh to
understand...

As I heard bunch about how courts in USA work (no I don't have any
personal experience, so these are just rumors) I don't think this
would be good idea. I'm not saying I wouldn't do this, because
probably I would do exactly same thing, but I think you might regret
doing something like that later on. Even though they would definitely
deserve every single punch.
--
Primoz
Support - IP/VoIP Connectivity & Routing