Conditions in La Grave

Old March 14th 07, 10:35 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
French_Skier

Default Conditions in La Grave

Just back from a trip to Serre Che and La Grave and confitions were
pretty good. La Grave was very good with great snow in all the top
section. Down to St Christophe side was good too. Final bit down trees
to P1 wasn't great though. Did not ski below P1 as did not look best.
Definitely a good time to go for some top quality off-piste. Recommend
Snowlegend for guide.
For accommodation Les Chalets de la Meige is right by lift and very
good quality although atmosphere is maybe not as good as Hotel
Edelweiss.

Serre Che skiing was best in Monetier as usual but very much enjoyed
Chantemerle, Briancon side was awful with only artificial snow.

Old March 14th 07, 06:01 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Champ

On 14 Mar 2007 04:35:03 -0700, "French_Skier"
wrote:

Just back from a trip to Serre Che and La Grave and confitions were
pretty good. La Grave was very good with great snow in all the top
section. Down to St Christophe side was good too. Final bit down trees
to P1 wasn't great though. Did not ski below P1 as did not look best.

offers thanks to god

Wow - I hadn't dare even look at conditions - I'm going there next
weekend, and I was just praying that it was in condition. That's
great news - thanks.
--
Champ
Old March 14th 07, 06:38 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Ace

wrote:

Just back from a trip to Serre Che and La Grave and confitions were
pretty good. La Grave was very good with great snow in all the top
section. Down to St Christophe side was good too. Final bit down trees
to P1 wasn't great though. Did not ski below P1 as did not look best.

offers thanks to god

Wow - I hadn't dare even look at conditions - I'm going there next
weekend, and I was just praying that it was in condition. That's
great news - thanks.

Conditions have been changing from one day to the next, so don't be
too hopeful. OTOH the doom & gloom merchants have consistently failed
to dampen my enthusiasm, or that of the people I've been skiing with,
and, as ever, good skiing has been available for those that aren't
afraid to get out and find it.

--
Ace (brucedotrogers a.t rochedotcom)

La Grave / Alpe D'Huez trip report & that helmet debate Weathercam European Ski Resorts 0 January 19th 07 09:30 PM
La Grave Champ Snowboarding 3 December 21st 06 04:03 PM
CB Conditions Jack Nixon Alpine Skiing 0 January 25th 05 12:47 AM
It's snowing in La Grave WeatherCam European Ski Resorts 1 January 18th 05 01:28 PM
ski conditions dick Alpine Skiing 1 February 21st 04 09:13 PM