late Apr transfer from GVA to Tignes

Old March 13th 07, 05:14 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Devs

Default late Apr transfer from GVA to Tignes

Looking to go to Tignes on 22 Apr, 2 adults, 2 kids. Any one got a
recommendation for cheap transfers?
The timetables on the Geneva website only seem to go to 14 Apr. I don't
really fancy driving but will as a very last resort (badoom tish!).

Thanks in advance
--
Devs
"Punchdown Pete the old Kroner"
Old March 14th 07, 07:36 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
JR

Driving it is probably worth another look. I just booked a car via Budget at
Geneva for 5 days from 20th Apr for £125 all in.

They make the money on the extra's so don't take any. Leave out the
Protection Plus insurance, ski-rack, chains and of course after 15th April
you don't pay winter tyre supplement either, and take it back with a full
tank.

Old March 14th 07, 07:59 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Devs

In message , JR
writes
Driving it is probably worth another look. I just booked a car via Budget at
Geneva for 5 days from 20th Apr for £125 all in.

Which side of the airport is that on and does it really matter? I am
reluctant to drive because I have a 3 hour drive before my 6.40am
flight. By the time I have collected a hire car I will be pretty much
cream crackered and certainly not in the mood for a 3 hour foreign
driving experience. It's the only downside to living in the North of
Scotland, at low season times you have to travel a long way to even
"start" your journey.
Old March 14th 07, 10:06 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
JR

Swiss side. Thats the first one you get to. I only made the mistake of
ordering from the french side once. I found it much more difficult to
navigate from/to the french side and ended up with a slow crawl through
Geneva.

Exiting from the Swiss side, its a doddle to get on the autoroute from
there. Budget desk is easy to spot. When I picked one up there at 1/2 term
saturday 3 or 4 weeks back at about 9:30am there was no queue either! Was
expecting one. Just watch the way they try to sneak the extras in! When you
head back afterwards, just head for "Parexpo" and when you get to the
airport keep right over to the left for the rental carpark, which can be
easy to miss (writings a bit small!).

John

"Devs" wrote in message
In message , JR
writes

Old March 14th 07, 10:19 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe

On Mar 13, 6:14 pm, Devs wrote:
Looking to go to Tignes on 22 Apr, 2 adults, 2 kids. Any one got a
recommendation for cheap transfers?
The timetables on the Geneva website only seem to go to 14 Apr. I don't
really fancy driving but will as a very last resort (badoom tish!).

Thanks in advance
--
Devs
"Punchdown Pete the old Kroner"

Would definitely recommend car hire for cost. If you want an idea of
prices Peak Retreats charge £462 for a return private transfer from
Geneva to Tignes (if on Sundays) (+£15 booking fee if not booked as
part of package).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
XS
Peak Retreats http://www.peakretreats.co.uk
Ski Collection http://www.skicollection.co.uk

Old March 14th 07, 10:29 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Matt T

On 13 Mar, 18:14, Devs wrote:
Looking to go to Tignes on 22 Apr, 2 adults, 2 kids. Any one got a
recommendation for cheap transfers?
The timetables on the Geneva website only seem to go to 14 Apr. I don't
really fancy driving but will as a very last resort (badoom tish!).

Thanks in advance
--
Devs
"Punchdown Pete the old Kroner"

You could try Ian at RideTignes.com - not sure if he's operating that
late into April, but worth a try. He might be glad of the money.

Matt

Old March 15th 07, 07:26 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Devs

In message , Francois
writes

"Devs" a écrit dans le message de news:
Looking to go to Tignes on 22 Apr, 2 adults, 2 kids. Any one got a
recommendation for cheap transfers?
The timetables on the Geneva website only seem to go to 14 Apr. I don't
really fancy driving but will as a very last resort (badoom tish!).

Thanks in advance

Hi
Not for advertising but we can drive you from GVA To Tignes
Not very cheap i know but in case of : 290 Euros for one way all included

http://www.lyontaxiprestige.com/accueilgb.html

Enjoy your stay in Tignes
Have a good ski

Thanks for the offer, and thanks to all who replied. Car looks favourite
but the way things are panning out i might be going just by myself to
meet up with others in resort. I don't mind slumming it if the family
aren't with me so I'll be kipping in Gatwick for the night and getting
the first flight and a scheduled transfer.