Teleboarding

Old May 3rd 10, 03:54 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
taichiskiing

Default Teleboarding

On May 1, 4:10 pm, "Stuart" wrote:
"Richard Henry" wrote in message

On Apr 30, 9:21 am, taichiskiing
wrote:

Let's see how many real skiers remain,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fg8o6CPClZk
moguls

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-HnaOGRM1Y
Trees

You gappers need not reply unless you want to expose your little
knowledge.

Have fun,
IS

What's with the poles?

Ah the old "double pole plant" dead giveaway...

Nah, I think they were mistakenly assumed I was the skier shown, and I
ski "no pole,"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QTwA-rmAFE

IS
Old May 3rd 10, 04:32 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
taichiskiing

On May 2, 9:48 am, Dick G wrote:
On Fri, 30 Apr 2010 09:21:40 -0700 (PDT), taichiskiing

wrote:
Let's see how many real skiers remain,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fg8o6CPClZk
moguls

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-HnaOGRM1Y
Trees

You gappers need not reply unless you want to expose your little
knowledge.

Have fun,
IS

??
huh?

This is not skill, cheesy....

Honestly looks like a low intermediate to me

Is that because your little knowledge cannot comprehend what you see?
Yup, that "honestly looks like a low intermediate to me."
Old May 3rd 10, 05:53 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Dave Cartman

In article
,

wrote:
Let's see how many real skiers remain,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fg8o6CPClZk
moguls

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-HnaOGRM1Y
Trees

You gappers need not reply unless you want to expose your little
knowledge.

Have fun,
IS

??
huh?

This is not skill, cheesy....

Honestly looks like a low intermediate to me

Is that because your little knowledge cannot comprehend what you see?
Yup, that "honestly looks like a low intermediate to me."

Great, We are all in agreement then! Thank you for your demonstration
of what low intermediate skiing looks like.
Old May 3rd 10, 08:56 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
taichiskiing

On May 3, 10:53 am, Dave Cartman wrote:
In article
,

wrote:
Let's see how many real skiers remain,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fg8o6CPClZk
moguls

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-HnaOGRM1Y
Trees

You gappers need not reply unless you want to expose your little
knowledge.

Have fun,
IS

??
huh?

This is not skill, cheesy....

Honestly looks like a low intermediate to me

Is that because your little knowledge cannot comprehend what you see?
Yup, that [is what] "honestly looks like a low intermediate to me."

Great, We are all in agreement then! Thank you for your demonstration
of what low intermediate skiing looks like.

No, that's only your little knowledge's little mind strikes again, and
that's what makes a low intermediate.
Old May 4th 10, 12:56 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Dick G[_4_]

wrote:
Let's see how many real skiers remain,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fg8o6CPClZk
moguls

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-HnaOGRM1Y
Trees

You gappers need not reply unless you want to expose your little
knowledge.

Have fun,
IS

??
huh?

This is not skill, cheesy....

Honestly looks like a low intermediate to me

Is that because your little knowledge cannot comprehend what you see?
Yup, you're "honestly looks like a low intermediate to me."

Huh? I wont correct your grammar Cheesy, however your skiing skill set
is an open target on here. I would asses you as an low level skier.
Old May 4th 10, 12:57 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Dick G[_4_]

wrote:
[...]

congested with cheese
Old May 4th 10, 01:44 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Stuart[_2_]

wrote:
Let's see how many real skiers remain,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fg8o6CPClZk
moguls

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-HnaOGRM1Y
Trees

You gappers need not reply unless you want to expose your little
knowledge.

Have fun,
IS

??
huh?

This is not skill, cheesy....

Honestly looks like a low intermediate to me

Is that because your little knowledge cannot comprehend what you see?
Yup, you're "honestly looks like a low intermediate to me."

Huh? I wont correct your grammar Cheesy, however your skiing skill set
is an open target on here. I would asses you as an low level skier.

You are really only getting 10% of the skis performance capacity by skiing
on the flat surface of the ski(s). Because the botton edge is bevelled up
and the side edge angulated in, the ski is designed to maximize its turning
capabilities up on edge. The skier's centre of mass thus must transfer to
the inside of the turns, maintaining a dynamic stability of inclination,
angulation using centrifugal and centripedal forces, much like the riders of
racing motorcycles do in their turns.
This particular skier's centre of mass seems very close to the ski itself,
although it is one level up from the very wide base of support of the
snowplow skier, from a technical standpoint, it is not advanced use of the
ski in the physical performance sense.
However, the skier may in fact be touting the more etheral and meditative
non-aggressive aspects of his pastime due to its smoothness, lower energy
expenditures and very relaxed technique.

Old May 4th 10, 02:23 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
taichiskiing

wrote:

Let's see how many real skiers remain,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fg8o6CPClZk
moguls

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-HnaOGRM1Y
Trees

You gappers need not reply unless you want to expose your little
knowledge.

Have fun,
IS

??
huh?

This is not skill, cheesy....

Honestly looks like a low intermediate to me

Is that because your little knowledge cannot comprehend what you see?
Yup, you're "honestly looks like a low intermediate to me."

Huh? I wont correct your grammar Cheesy, however your skiing skill set
is an open target on here. I would asses you as an low level skier.

Still trapped in your little English/language domain, eh? Your
language reflects your world, yup, little. "Hopping around branches,
how can a chickadee imagine that a condor can fly thousand miles?"--
Zhuang-Zi--

"Asses" is too sophisticated word for you; you have no assessments but
denials, and that's what makes a "low intermediate" character.
Old May 4th 10, 03:49 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
taichiskiing

On May 4, 6:44 am, "Stuart" wrote:
wrote:
Let's see how many real skiers remain,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fg8o6CPClZk
moguls

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-HnaOGRM1Y
Trees

You gappers need not reply unless you want to expose your little
knowledge.

Have fun,
IS

You are really only getting 10% of the skis performance capacity by skiing
on the flat surface of the ski(s). Because the botton edge is bevelled up
and the side edge angulated in, the ski is designed to maximize its turning
capabilities up on edge. The skier's centre of mass thus must transfer to
the inside of the turns, maintaining a dynamic stability of inclination,
angulation using centrifugal and centripedal forces, much like the riders of
racing motorcycles do in their turns.

Yes, flatboarding may lose some of the ski performance of turning to
carving, but it makes up with a straighter line--thus remains fast--
and skiing is more stable with the flat base. And teleboarding
exemplifies these traits more vividly.

This particular skier's centre of mass seems very close to the ski itself,
although it is one level up from the very wide base of support of the
snowplow skier, from a technical standpoint, it is not advanced use of the
ski in the physical performance sense.
However, the skier may in fact be touting the more etheral and meditative
non-aggressive aspects of his pastime due to its smoothness, lower energy
expenditures and very relaxed technique.

That's correct, not everyone wants to ski the "fast," "steepest," or
"extreme," blah, blah, blah. The art of skiing is how to perfectly
balance that centripetal force and centrifugal force and gravity so to
enjoy an uninterrupted descent, interesting lines, and the ethereal
body movements, etc., imo.

Teleboarding is not for difficult/steep terrain in general, (though
there are clips showing people do tricks and ski moguls stuff on
youtube,) but on some groomed runs, slated slopes, and minor moguls/
bumps, or where a "full turn" is not needed, teleboarding, without
full-blown "cross-over," may be a more efficient technique and energy
saving than regular parallel skiing.

What makes teleboarding techniques interesting is, as all teleing, it
seeks a longitudinal stability, that's why the loose heel and low
stance.

IS
Old May 5th 10, 02:49 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Stuart[_2_]

"taichiskiing" wrote in message
On May 4, 6:44 am, "Stuart" wrote:
wrote:
[...]

I like it because it resembles the medium speed sideslipping and pivot drill
I like to do..

Having said that, what I am working on is a very relaxed, motionless,
dynamic balance in phase 111 of my higher speed steered turns. In other
words, using the ski's energy instead of mine to make more aggressive turns.