Teleboarding

Old May 8th 10, 02:17 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

Default Teleboarding

On May 7, 6:41*pm, taichiskiing
wrote:

Cessna 150 & 172. Are you a pilot too?

When flying straight and level 100 knots, how much lift do the wings
of a Cessna 150 provide?
Old May 8th 10, 02:32 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Stuart[_2_]

"Richard Henry" wrote in message
On May 7, 6:41 pm, taichiskiing
wrote:

Cessna 150 & 172. Are you a pilot too?

When flying straight and level 100 knots, how much lift do the wings
of a Cessna 150 provide?

Enough to keep Cessna 150 and its occupant in level flight at 100 kts?

Goofy question because the answer will vary on the gross weight of the
airplane. How the lift is attained is also dependent on density altitude,
power settings and angle of attack.

I can mush around nose high and high wing loading with the power up high and
do 100 or at cruise power.

Old May 8th 10, 03:55 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Norm

"Stuart" wrote in message

Cessna 150 & 172. Are you a pilot too?

When flying straight and level 100 knots, how much lift do the wings
of a Cessna 150 provide?

Enough to keep Cessna 150 and its occupant in level flight at 100 kts?

Goofy question because the answer will vary on the gross weight of the
airplane. How the lift is attained is also dependent on density altitude,
power settings and angle of attack.

I can mush around nose high and high wing loading with the power up high
and do 100 or at cruise power.

Hey Stuart - You need to know a little RSA history to get the joke. The
question was based on a discussion that happened here, I'm guessing over a
year ago. It was meant to bait Itchie into making even more statements that
defy the laws of physics. I can't tell if he has yet or not, I never see any
of his posts unless someone replies to him.

Old May 8th 10, 06:08 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha[_2_]

On May 7, 7:32*pm, Alan Baker wrote:
In article
,

*taichiskiing wrote:
On May 7, 12:08 pm, "Stuart" wrote:
"taichiskiing" wrote in message

I wasn't discussing "carved" turns. I was discussing "steered" turns. Carved
turns are a different animal altogether. Carved turns involve putting the
ski on it's edge and letting the ski run straight from tip to tail, using
the natural turning radius of the ski. They are extremely stable turn
because centrifigal force pins the skier toward the base of support, and the
skier uses balance in the "vertical" plane of his body even tho it may not
be oriented verically due to inclination. They are limited in their turning
radius and do become unstable at slower speeds. It's a lot like a very steep
turn in an airplane, very little yaw control or pivotting about the vertical
axies ie. no rudder used.

Yes on what you say, I do carved turns as well; I just don't like the
"jerky" feeling of the tipping, so I don't do it as much.

It there's a "jerky" feeling...

...you're doing it wrong.

Alan, you have to stop jerking off while skiing.
Old May 8th 10, 08:15 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On May 8, 8:55*am, "Norm" wrote:
"Stuart" wrote in message

Cessna 150 & 172. Are you a pilot too?

When flying straight and level 100 knots, how much lift do the wings
of a Cessna 150 provide?

Enough to keep Cessna 150 and its occupant in level flight at 100 kts?

Goofy question because the answer will vary on the gross weight of the
airplane. How the lift is attained is also dependent on density altitude,
power settings and angle of attack.

I can mush around nose high and high wing loading with the power up high
and do 100 or at cruise power.

Hey Stuart - You need to know a little RSA history to get the joke. The
question was based on a discussion that happened here, I'm guessing over a
year ago. It was meant to bait Itchie into making even more statements that
defy the laws of physics. I can't tell if he has yet or not, I never see any
of his posts unless someone replies to him.

It would be interesting to get ichie's answer since he is now claiming
to a flight instructor.