Morillon .... from Geneva

Old December 4th 03, 07:47 AM
Mark

Default Morillon .... from Geneva

Can anyone give me a rough price for a return taxi from Geneva to
Morillon - this will be the first week of Jan.

Also if anyone has been to Morillon and can comment on the skiing then
please do so. Has anyone stayed at the Le Buet apartments or has
anyone used the Childrens Village at Morilloon 1100 ?

Many thanks.
Old December 4th 03, 09:09 AM
Ian Spare

On 4 Dec 2003 00:47:53 -0800, (Mark) wrote:

Can anyone give me a rough price for a return taxi from Geneva to
Morillon - this will be the first week of Jan.

Also if anyone has been to Morillon and can comment on the skiing then
please do so. Has anyone stayed at the Le Buet apartments or has
anyone used the Childrens Village at Morilloon 1100 ?

Many thanks.

I have a place in Morillon 1100 so I know it very well. I take it
you've seen
http://www.ot-morillon.fr ?

The kids village is right out my window but we've not sent anyone to
it so far. I'd question whether they did anything in English though.

The skiing is fantastic and Morillon is well placed for access to the
Grand Massif. Esserts is pretty small though, there's only two
restaurants and one bar in the evening, not everyones thing of course.

As for taxi, search me, I live fairly local so I drive. You can try
http://www.giffre-transports.com/ for taxis or
http://www.coach-station.com/ for coaches
--
Yeah, because you never know when the value of 2^15 will change and
you have to go through all your code fixing it.
Old December 5th 03, 09:52 AM
Mark

Ian, many thanks for the info ... nice to know someone in the know.
Hope you don't mind if I pester you for more info.

I have a place in Morillon 1100 so I know it very well. I take it
you've seen http://www.ot-morillon.fr ?

Yes, but thanks for the link anyway.

The kids village is right out my window but we've not sent anyone to
it so far. I'd question whether they did anything in English though.

Interestingly I came acrross Morillon through the Peak Retreats
website http://www.ski-holidays-france.com/d...m/loadindex.22 -
they are a British operator and "particularly recommend" the Childrens
village. What makes you suspect a lack of English provision ? Is
Morillon typically a brit free zone (I know it doesn't feature in many
package operator's offerings). On the same theme, could we have
difficulty finding English speaking ski school for our 6 year old son
(the childrens village is for our 2 yr old)?

The skiing is fantastic and Morillon is well placed for access to the
Grand Massif. Esserts is pretty small though, there's only two
restaurants and one bar in the evening, not everyones thing of course.

The skiing looks ideal for everyone in our party. Do you have a gut
feeling for this seasons snow cover ; is the early season cover in any
way predictable ? We'll be travelling 3 Jan, maybe a bit risky at
this lowish altitude ? What's the snow making facilities like ?

Lack of eateries in Esserts could be a sticking problem. Does the
Gondola run in the evening down to Morillon village ?

What are the Buet apts like, any idea ?

Old December 6th 03, 03:29 PM
Ian Spare

On 5 Dec 2003 02:52:53 -0800, (Mark) wrote:

The kids village is right out my window but we've not sent anyone to
it so far. I'd question whether they did anything in English though.

Interestingly I came acrross Morillon through the Peak Retreats
website
http://www.ski-holidays-france.com/d...m/loadindex.22 -
they are a British operator and "particularly recommend" the Childrens
village. What makes you suspect a lack of English provision ? Is
Morillon typically a brit free zone (I know it doesn't feature in many
package operator's offerings). On the same theme, could we have
difficulty finding English speaking ski school for our 6 year old son
(the childrens village is for our 2 yr old)?

I'm really guessing, but there's no large tour group going there so
I'm not sure how much demand there is. There's a few English owners
around so there's a few English. Ring the Ski School, there'll be
someone around from next weekend at least I expect.

Sounds like your operator know the kids village better though, it does
look good, it's in a very handy location.

Lack of eateries in Esserts could be a sticking problem. Does the
Gondola run in the evening down to Morillon village ?

It runs until 1800 I think, after that it's a taxi back, which I can't
imagine is going to cost much. There's a few restaurants at the bottom
which we sometimes drive to. The two in Esserts are OK, La Combe is my
favorite, pizzas and some local dishes and ideal for kids. All depends
what you want I guess, obviously I spend a lot time there, summer and
winter, and I like it a lot. Quick easy access to the slopes but it's
purpose built satelite station.

On similar note there's a bakery, a couple of ski hire places and a
very good little supermarket.

What are the Buet apts like, any idea ?

Not sure, I don't really memorise the names of other blocks, but if it
it's the one I think it's built by the same constructors as our place.
I'm pleased with ours and the other work I've seen of theirs looks
good.