Uk gear

Old January 13th 05, 10:39 PM
Andrew Bolger

Default Uk gear

Hi guys,
there is also Base camp at Ilkley (now known as
Backcountry ski-ing?) and also a place in Norwich. A
friend bought some gear from them a month ago, don't
know the contact details but if a search don't work
I'll ask him for it.
Interested to hear confimration of the Brighton shop
Mike, I'd thought I'd hears something, must check it
out next time I visit my daughter down there
andyb
--- taywood wrote:
OK Gareth
Two more links which may be of help to you and to
others.

http://www.crosscountryskis.co.uk/
This is a new site, formerly EuroSki shop at
Brighton who were
the only ski shop in England, the web page tells the
story.

I live near Blackpool and most visits to family in
Surrey meant a
quick visit to Brighton to see Tom and his latest
imports.
I belong to Lakeland XC ski club but most of my
skiing is done in
Scotland.

http://www.braemarmountainsports.com/
This page under construction will combine the sales
from Braemar
Mountain Sports shop

and their partner shop Cairngorm Mountain Sports at
Aviemore

They have a joint catalogue for 2004/2005 but their
interests lie
mainly with Telemark, skitouring and alpineski
mountaineering,
in keeping with the local topography.
They do carry XC equipment but tend to talk in
derisory terms
of 'forest skiing'.
BUT they do have a Bargain List dated Dec 2004 which
might
just have something of interest to you.

My favourite race venue is Clashindarroch Forest
fostered by Huntly
Nordic Ski Club
http://www.huntly.net/hnoc and
their ski centre
http://www.huntly.net/nordicski/ surprisingly, at
Huntly Aberdeenshire.
Just for interest this forest collects the snow
blown off the Cairngorm
massif by the prevailing westerly winds and holds
the snow once its
melted off the surrounding moorlands. Its a gem.
Aberdeen airport is the closest, but its a long
drive from Northampton.
Mike