Fatality at Burke Mt Vt

Old March 4th 12, 07:46 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

Default Fatality at Burke Mt Vt

http://www.news7newslinc.net/around-...ountain-032012

Hit a tree. Wearing a helmet.
Old March 4th 12, 09:42 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Stig Arne Bye[_2_]

Richard Henry wrote:

http://www.news7newslinc.net/around-...ountain-032012

Hit a tree. Wearing a helmet.

It appear that this site and server is blocked for access outside
certain geographic regions...

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /around-nek/fatal-ski-accident-burke-mountain-032012 on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Stig Arne Bye

E-mail ......: lid
lid
Snail-Mail ..: Axel Borgens veg 4, NO-9900 Kirkenes, Norway
Homepage ....: COMING LATER:
http://stigbye.footballclubs.io
http://stigbye.motocross.io
Located just about 70°N 30°E - Almost at the top of the world!

Remove ".invalid" from mail address to reply to me by direct e-mail!

Old March 4th 12, 09:58 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Bob F

Stig Arne Bye wrote:
Richard Henry wrote:

http://www.news7newslinc.net/around-...ountain-032012

Hit a tree. Wearing a helmet.

It appear that this site and server is blocked for access outside
certain geographic regions...

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access
/around-nek/fatal-ski-accident-burke-mountain-032012 on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to
use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I didn't have any problem here in Seattle.

Old March 4th 12, 10:26 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On Sunday, March 4, 2012 2:42:47 PM UTC-8, Stig Arne Bye wrote:
Richard Henry wrote:

http://www.news7newslinc.net/around-...ountain-032012

Hit a tree. Wearing a helmet.

It appear that this site and server is blocked for access outside
certain geographic regions...

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /around-nek/fatal-ski-accident-burke-mountain-032012 on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

The interesting parts:

The Vermont State Police detailed the fatal incident saying that 70-year-old Reverend Snow was downhill skiing at Burke Mountain Ski Resort when he collided into a tree off the side of a ski trail. Police say that Reverend Snow sustained injuries to his face area and to his chest. They say he also suffered chest injuries that caused internal trauma.

Vermont State Police outlined the ski patrol's attempt to give Reverend Snow medical attention. In the release police say that Reverend Snow was taken down to the base of the mountain by Ski Patrol and then taken to Northeastern Vermont Regional Hospital by Lyndon Rescue. From there, he was transported to Dartmouth Hitchcock.

Police say he was an avid skier who had skied Burke several times, and he was wearing his helmet and goggles at the time of the accident.
Old March 4th 12, 10:33 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On Sunday, March 4, 2012 12:46:03 PM UTC-8, Richard Henry wrote:
http://www.news7newslinc.net/around-...ountain-032012

Hit a tree. Wearing a helmet.

Burlington Free Press added 3 other Vermont skiing fatalities to its story

Counting Snow, four people have been killed on Vermont’s ski slopes since early February. In each case, a man was killed when he went off a trail and struck a tree:

â—¾ Feb. 4, skier James Wong, 41, of Lexington, Mass., went off a steeper section of Sleeper Run, a mostly intermediate trail, at Sugarbush Resort in Warren.

â—¾ Feb. 6, skier Michael Schroeter, 33, of Highland Mills, N.Y., fell and slid off an intermeÂ*diate trail at Mount Snow in West Dover.

â—¾ Feb. 11, snowboarder SylÂ*ven Walton, 29, of Cambridge, Mass., fell and slid off an expert trail at Jay Peak Resort.

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/a...untain-Resort-
Old March 4th 12, 10:40 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On Sunday, March 4, 2012 12:46:03 PM UTC-8, Richard Henry wrote:
http://www.news7newslinc.net/around-...ountain-032012

Hit a tree. Wearing a helmet.

Best local report I found

http://orleanscountyrecord.com/main....icleID=209 61
Old March 4th 12, 11:07 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev[_4_]

On 03/04/2012 03:40 PM, Richard Henry wrote:

On Sunday, March 4, 2012 12:46:03 PM UTC-8, Richard Henry wrote:
http://www.news7newslinc.net/around-...ountain-032012

Hit a tree. Wearing a helmet.

Best local report I found

http://orleanscountyrecord.com/main....icleID=209 61

And they don't say he "collided into a tree".

And now for a rousing chorus of Dave Barry's "I'm In Love With a
Proof-reading Woman"...

--
Cheers, Bev
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old March 5th 12, 12:01 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Stig Arne Bye[_2_]

Bob F wrote:

Stig Arne Bye wrote:
Richard Henry wrote:

http://www.news7newslinc.net/around-...ountain-032012

Hit a tree. Wearing a helmet.

It appear that this site and server is blocked for access outside
certain geographic regions...

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access
/around-nek/fatal-ski-accident-burke-mountain-032012 on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to
use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I didn't have any problem here in Seattle.

Of course not since you are located in Seattle which is _WITHIN_ the US
region of Internet numbers (US based IP-addresses)...

I have now confirmed that the host http://www.news7newslinc.net _IS_
blocked for access from IP-addresses outside the United States...

I have registed and own multiple Internet domains and subdomains which
all is hosted and running entirely on servers physically located within
United States (more exactly in Houston, TX and Dallas, TX) which then
also use a US based IP-address.

As I have administrator priviledges for my own domains and server, I
did a small trick by using this server as a proxy gateway to access
http://www.news7newslinc.net, which then successfully opened, although
using the server as a proxy gateway is somewhat on the sideline and
should be avoided according to the hosting providers Terms of Usage...

Old March 5th 12, 12:04 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha twobuddha is offline
Banned

On Sunday, March 4, 2012 3:33:47 PM UTC-8, Richard Henry wrote:
On Sunday, March 4, 2012 12:46:03 PM UTC-8, Richard Henry wrote:
http://www.news7newslinc.net/around-...ountain-032012

Hit a tree. Wearing a helmet.

Burlington Free Press added 3 other Vermont skiing fatalities to its story

Counting Snow, four people have been killed on Vermont’s ski slopes since early February. In each case, a man was killed when he went off a trail and struck a tree:

â—¾ Feb. 4, skier James Wong, 41, of Lexington, Mass., went off a steeper section of Sleeper Run, a mostly intermediate trail, at Sugarbush Resort in Warren.

â—¾ Feb. 6, skier Michael Schroeter, 33, of Highland Mills, N.Y., fell and slid off an intermeÂ*diate trail at Mount Snow in West Dover.

â—¾ Feb. 11, snowboarder SylÂ*ven Walton, 29, of Cambridge, Mass., fell and slid off an expert trail at Jay Peak Resort.

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/a...untain-Resort-

Watch out for terrorist trees!!!!! At least when trees threaten people's lives, they have the nuts to show up and make good on their threats.
Old March 5th 12, 01:57 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
NormG

Stig Arne Bye wrote:

Hit a tree. Wearing a helmet.

It appear that this site and server is blocked for access outside
certain geographic regions...

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access
/around-nek/fatal-ski-accident-burke-mountain-032012 on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying
to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I didn't have any problem here in Seattle.

Of course not since you are located in Seattle which is _WITHIN_ the
US region of Internet numbers (US based IP-addresses)...

I read it fine without any tricks and I'm in Canada.
Websites consistantly identify me as being in Canada so I.m not accessing
thru anything which might make it think I'm in the US.