Is the tree Sonny Bono hit still there?

Old September 17th 10, 08:54 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
downhill

Default Is the tree Sonny Bono hit still there?

Richard Henry wrote:

Someone needs to bust the myth that a James Bond style hit squad
killed him. That's just ridiculous.

What myth? And why would anyone want to kill him anyway?

Cher
Fans of the Mark Chapman method of Fame!
Old September 17th 10, 10:15 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

On Sep 17, 2:41*pm, Ted Waldron wrote:

Bat**** crazy speed is more likely on a blue cruiser, where the terrain
is flat, the obstacles are other skiers, and a mistake can most of the
time be corrected without falling, so it is "boring blue cruiser" speed
is much faster than "black diamond speed".

Good job. Quite correct. It's also relative. The same MPH might be
bat**** crazy for one and boring, phone in one hand, drink in the
other speed.

Old September 17th 10, 10:21 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Fri, 17 Sep 2010 13:37:57 -0700 (PDT), twobuddha
wrote this crap:

Considering how many death threats you guys have made, I'm shocked
that you have not paid a tree to kill me.

Not a tree, but I've got a hockey stick that wants the job.

Vote for Palin-Brown in 2012. Repeal the nightmares.

This signature is now the ultimate
power in the universe
Old September 18th 10, 12:50 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha twobuddha is offline
Banned

wrote this crap:

Considering how many death threats you guys have made, I'm shocked
that you have not paid a tree to kill me.

Not a tree, but I've got a hockey stick that wants the job.

Kewl. Horvie makes anther threat. Anytime, pppppuuuuuusssssyyyyy.
Old September 18th 10, 12:51 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Sep 17, 3:15*pm, pigo wrote:
On Sep 17, 2:41*pm, Ted Waldron wrote:

Bat**** crazy speed is more likely on a blue cruiser, where the terrain
is flat, the obstacles are other skiers, and a mistake can most of the
time be corrected without falling, so it is "boring blue cruiser" speed
is much faster than "black diamond speed".

Good job. Quite correct. It's also relative. The same MPH might be
bat**** crazy for one and boring, phone in one hand, drink in the
other speed.

Bob, Bob. You have to stop drinking while driving. Most people don't
have a drink in their hand, but we all know about you.
Old September 18th 10, 05:01 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Fri, 17 Sep 2010 17:50:50 -0700 (PDT), twobuddha
wrote this crap:

Considering how many death threats you guys have made, I'm shocked
that you have not paid a tree to kill me.

Not a tree, but I've got a hockey stick that wants the job.

Kewl. Horvie makes anther threat. Anytime, pppppuuuuuusssssyyyyy.

If you knew what a hockey stick was, you wouldn't be laughing,
asshole.

I'm from Detroit, dumbass. I grew up with a hockey stick.

Vote for Palin-Brown dumbass. Repeal the nightmares.

Old September 18th 10, 01:51 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Stuart[_2_]

wrote this crap:

Considering how many death threats you guys have made, I'm shocked
that you have not paid a tree to kill me.

Not a tree, but I've got a hockey stick that wants the job.

Kewl. Horvie makes anther threat. Anytime, pppppuuuuuusssssyyyyy.

If you knew what a hockey stick was, you wouldn't be laughing,
asshole.

I'm from Detroit, dumbass. I grew up with a hockey stick.

I'm from Deseronto. We make the ****ers there. Don't **** with me about
hockey doobie-ass. I am CANADIAN.

Old September 19th 10, 01:49 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

On Sep 19, 6:18*am, Ted Waldron wrote:

Most of time, "Black Diamond Speed" is pretty slow or the last thing is
to be on the edge of out of control, it is always an exercise if one's
technique is down pat, or find out if the slope and snow conditions has
found faults in one's mechanics.

I agree with your statement about "BDS" being "slow". I think that
what I think of "BD" it's really what is labeled double BD or Red. So
even slower. But the rest of my comment was an expansion on the topic
not a rebuttal.
Old September 19th 10, 03:04 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

On Sep 19, 8:44*am, Ted Waldron wrote:

I know you were not trying to rebut. *I was just thinking out loud if
there is *a the finesse of speed while skiing, like downhill racing or
like pretending to be Steve McKinney, and the other end, the weekend
warrior barreling down a slushy blue cruiser. * Sort of finesse versus
sloppy brute speed.

I'd say that there is. The weekend warrior, ala you know who, leans
back, arms out, a millimetre from explosion. The more brute force they
try to use, the less the control. And what's weird to me is that their
actual speed is probably only in the low 30's.

An accomplished skier. Say......on a 207 GS ski. One that can roll
edge to edge, ride flat skis confidently, but also a millimetre from
disaster, just not as likely to get there, probably reaches speeds
somewhere in the 50's. It's the finesse. Letting the skis do their
work and having control over it.
Old February 11th 20, 02:18 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

It’s cut down. We found it today and took a few photos. It’s off the Orion run to the right. There are a few rocks on a stump there now.

Skier dies in tree well Mike Treseler Alpine Skiing 1 January 24th 06 12:07 AM
Sonny Bono Jeff Alpine Skiing 17 January 11th 06 11:56 PM
tree sap Mike M. Miskulin Snowboarding 4 April 14th 05 02:38 AM
Tree Well? Bryan Snowboarding 1 January 31st 05 05:00 AM
Sonny Bono's tree, WAS Richard Clarke etc. Pat Ford Alpine Skiing 2 March 31st 04 10:37 PM