Ski Speedometer

Old January 19th 06, 04:23 PM

On and off, different forums, about 7 years.

Old January 19th 06, 04:28 PM

On 19 Jan 2006 09:12:35 -0800, "fat_boy" wrote:

unpleasant, yes, ignorant? what have you got in mind to be ignorant
of?

Well, ignorant of all usenet posting conventions, for a start.

Then there's even vaguely correct use of the English language.

And something about GPS systems, on the subject of which you
apparently know nothing, but are quite prepared to argue about with
those who abviously do.

the sad mentality of people who call them selves 'ace' and 'champ'?

Right on, fat boy.

--
Ace (brucedotrogers a.t rochedotcom)
Old January 19th 06, 04:34 PM

On 19 Jan 2006 09:23:06 -0800, "fat_boy" wrote:

On and off, different forums, about 7 years.

What the ****[1] are you talking about?

[1] Sorry to sensitive souls, but as you know I don't normally descend
to this level on this group, but I've been drinking, so it's OK, OK?

--
Ace (brucedotrogers a.t rochedotcom)
Old January 19th 06, 05:48 PM

You are filtered - don't need to resort to language that is profane. BTW as
you purport to have connection with the ski club of GB, I am sure they will
have better things to do other than to chastise someone who has a strong
opinion but little depth to that opinion.

Sorry, but you were warned earlier and at shortly after half past 5 when you
posted your drivel you put the effect down to drink, you only make things
worse.

Angus

"Ace" wrote in message
On 19 Jan 2006 09:23:06 -0800, "fat_boy" wrote:

On and off, different forums, about 7 years.

What the ****[1] are you talking about?

[1] Sorry to sensitive souls, but as you know I don't normally descend
to this level on this group, but I've been drinking, so it's OK, OK?

--
Ace (brucedotrogers a.t rochedotcom)
All opinions expressed are personal and in no way represent those of the
Ski Club.

Old January 19th 06, 08:24 PM

On Wed, 18 Jan 2006 23:14:01 -0000, "Angus Gilmour"
wrote:

What's the point? Isn't it better to get down the slopes in style rather
than seeking to get an extra turn of speed fom the waxes that are applied?

Well, I'm no speed freak, but each to their own, yes?

--
-Pip
Old January 19th 06, 10:01 PM

On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 18:48:45 -0000, "Angus Gilmour"
wrote:

"Ace" wrote in message
.. .
On 19 Jan 2006 09:23:06 -0800, "fat_boy" wrote:

On and off, different forums, about 7 years.

What the ****[1] are you talking about?

[1] Sorry to sensitive souls, but as you know I don't normally descend
to this level on this group, but I've been drinking, so it's OK, OK?

post reformatted to allow one to follow

You are filtered - don't need to resort to language that is profane. BTW as
you purport to have connection with the ski club of GB, I am sure they will
have better things to do other than to chastise someone who has a strong
opinion but little depth to that opinion.

Sorry, but you were warned earlier and at shortly after half past 5 when you
posted your drivel you put the effect down to drink, you only make things
worse.

"Warned earlier"? Who appointed you moderator all of a sudden.

I've got news for you Angus - people say ****. All sorts of people,
in all sorts of places. Usenet is one of those places - if you don't
like it, then I'm sure you can work out the best course of action.
--
Champ
Old January 20th 06, 08:14 AM

No-one has appointed me as moderator - I, in common with anyone using
Outlook Express, have a filter facility which enables me to eliminate any
authors of posts of my choosing. That you find it necessary to resort to
profanity merely reflects IMO the pygmy intellect that you display. I do
accept that there are those whose vocabulary is so limited that they have
not the capacity when writing to use words that are quite so foul.

Angus

Old January 20th 06, 08:36 AM

"Angus Gilmour" wrote in
:

... I do accept that there are those whose vocabulary is so
limited that they have not the capacity when writing to use words that
are quite so foul.

Although this does make a certain kind of sense, it probably isn't what you
meant....

Jeremy
Old January 20th 06, 09:06 AM

Angus Gilmour wrote:

No-one has appointed me as moderator - I, in common with anyone using
Outlook Express, have a filter facility which enables me to eliminate any
authors of posts of my choosing.

'Right, thats it. You've been warned, if you say that *once* more I'm
going to put my fingers in my ears and sing "LA LA LA"!'

I do accept that there are those whose vocabulary is so limited that
they have not the capacity when writing to use words that are quite so
foul.

There are those also whose grasp of grammar is so shaky that they can not
help but to construct improbably ungainly sentences, in an ultimately
doomed attempt to seem brighter than in fact they are.

And it doesn't help if they end up accidentally saying the opposite of what
they actually mean.

Face it, sometimes "****" is just the best word for the job, even if your
vocabulary is ****ing huge!
Old January 20th 06, 10:34 AM

On Fri, 20 Jan 2006 09:14:10 -0000, "Angus Gilmour"
wrote:

No-one has appointed me as moderator - I, in common with anyone using
Outlook Express, have a filter facility which enables me to eliminate any
authors of posts of my choosing. That you find it necessary to resort to
profanity merely reflects IMO the pygmy intellect that you display. I do
accept that there are those whose vocabulary is so limited that they have
not the capacity when writing to use words that are quite so foul.

It's your choice, of course.

But I think far more people have found what Ace has written over the
years to be useful than have found yours to be so.

Which may only be because you haven't written nearly as much yet, of
course.
--
Alex Heney, Global Villager
I tried to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.