California Helmet Law

Old September 14th 10, 02:07 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
snowbender

Default California Helmet Law

On Sep 13, 12:46 pm, Ted Waldron wrote:
In article
,

snowbender wrote:

Philosophy isn't a scientific tool, nor does it need to use
empirical evidence to explain its theories.

As philosophy/Taichi exams the validity of the scientific stories, we
may call it "meta-science." Meta-science exams the questions before
the scientific method is even formed, question like what is "real"/
real reality? There are two competing schools of thought on this:
Realism and Nominalism;

I responded to your kooky post, because you are not alone in trying to
show that metaphysical ideas are compatible certain scientific fields
like physics. The concept of "New Age Medicine" is a oxymoron, for the
reason it tries to uses metaphysics to solve medical problems.

Not sure which is kooky post, my "Realism and Nominalism" challenge or
you who cannot face the rebuttals and change the subject to redirect
the attention that you have lost the arguments and wouldn't want to
admit.

For example, "magic" crystals for healing, to cure medical problems
through metaphysical principles that have been shown to have no known
medical/scientific research to prove what they advertise, ditto with
something like Chiropractics.

Not sure what "'magic' crystals for healing" is, you may have been
had, and American Chiropractics is like American Chinese food (let's
just say that it is far from authentic), so both metaphors are wrong.
Your arguments are nothing short of total denial.

I am not condemning Taoism, there are many things that are admirable
about Taoism. However metaphysics isn't a scientific method, nor it can
apply to something like quantum physics.

That would dependent on how much you know about "metaphysics," or how
deep in thinking that your "metaphysics" covers. Nevertheless, here's
how the Taoism/ancient Chinese philosophy applies to the modern
quantum physics I wrote some time ago,

"What make quantum theory interesting is that it was developed out of
scientific discipline, then outgrew its (Newtonian) determinism
stereotype with the Uncertainty Theory which processes a paradoxical
property which states that the velocity and the position of an
electron cannot be determined at the same time to nowadays' conclusion
that all electron orbits exist at the same time, only the observation
or measurement determines where the electron/energy is located. Whew,
an observation which agrees with the idea of "Wu" [the state/realm of
Unism], which was observed by ancient Taoists by empirical experience
more than five thousand years ago. The idea of Wu indicates that there
exists a paradoxical property of Yin and Yang and all things exist at
the same instance and there's no time and no distance.

With both analytical and empirical approaches converge to the same
conclusion, there's a strong evidence that there we are observing one
[single] reality, imo. Such a reality may be called the ultimate
truth. And Chinese simply call it Zhen-Shi, 'real substance.'" What is
"your" reality?

Big parts for any rigorous scientific research, are the procedure
results can be replicated.

I did too ask the question before, when a philosophy can be proved,
does that make it a "science"? Yes, Taichi Skiing can be replicated
and proved.

Much like you can't use Taoism to explain ski mechanics.

I did, "Taichi Skiing: the Dance of the Cosmos"
http://www.taomartialarts.com/ski/ski_dance.html

snowbender
Old September 14th 10, 02:25 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
snowbender

On Sep 13, 3:12 pm, Yabahoobs wrote:
On Sep 13, 3:01 pm, Ted Waldron wrote:

In article
,

Yabahoobs wrote:
On Sep 13, 12:46 pm, Ted Waldron wrote:

Much like you can't use Taoism to explain ski mechanics.

Or anything else for that matter.

Taoism and Confucianism made China the most powerful and far advanced
country in the world for many centuries. Taoism is pretty much the
foundation for Chinese Art. The concepts of Qi (Chi) and Shen are
brilliant. There is much to be admired about Taoism and Lao Tzi.

Totally agree. I'm simply saying that Itchy has failed in his
repeated attempts to apply any lessons or truths he feels he may have
gained into skiing. Or aerodynamics. Or general Newtonian physics.
Or American law. Or spirituality in general...or much of anything.

Gobble, gobble, what a flightless turkey.

snowbender
Old September 14th 10, 04:28 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Yabahoobs

On Sep 14, 7:07*am, snowbender
wrote:

I did, "Taichi Skiing: the Dance of the Cosmos"

LoL.

Old September 14th 10, 04:35 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha twobuddha is offline
Banned

On Sep 14, 9:28*am, Yabahoobs wrote:
On Sep 14, 7:07*am, snowbender
wrote:

I did, "Taichi Skiing: the Dance of the Cosmos"

LoL.

Exactly what I was doing this weekend. Got any details on the Pussy
Party?
LOL.
I understand, Yabapussy. You're too embarassed to talk about it.
Can't say I blame you. You just humiliated yourself for everyone to
see.
Hey, missed you at tennis Friday. At the game Saturday. At Louie's
yesterday. LOLOLOLOLOLOL
Old September 14th 10, 04:50 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Dave Cartman

In article
,
snowbender wrote:

"What make quantum theory interesting is that it was developed out of
scientific discipline, then outgrew its (Newtonian) determinism
stereotype with the Uncertainty Theory which processes a paradoxical
property which states that the velocity and the position of an
electron cannot be determined at the same time to nowadays' conclusion
that all electron orbits exist at the same time, only the observation
or measurement determines where the electron/energy is located. Whew,
an observation which agrees with the idea of "Wu"

I believe you mean the idea of "Woo"
Old September 15th 10, 12:22 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha[_2_]

On Sep 14, 12:54*pm, Ted Waldron wrote:

* Enjoy your dance of Cosmos, just make sure your edges are sharpened,
you check the Avy conditions, and you are bundled up. *Don't be bothered
by the space is a vacuum thing, or the gamma rays..

Hey, Teddy? Don't be bothered by that Show The Post thing, or reality
in any form whatsoever. Just keep lying to yourself and others about
committing felony perjury.
Irony meter makes a left hand turn in space while going whoosh. Ted
Waldron lecturing other people on reality.

Old September 15th 10, 12:34 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
downhill

Ted Waldron wrote:
In article
,
snowbender wrote:

Not sure which is kooky post, my "Realism and Nominalism" challenge or
you who cannot face the rebuttals and change the subject to redirect
the attention that you have lost the arguments and wouldn't want to
admit.

The kooky post , that I was replying to was trying to show that Taoism
explains Einstein's General Theory of Relativity. I just have a
problem with people who constantly spew garbage of combining
metaphysical ideas with scientific principles as one entity.

I gave some examples of trying of trying to show how at times,
combining the two, then pretending this is scientific proven, is just
rubbish.

I know what Nominalism is, thank you very much, given it was a big
part of European Medieval philosophy. I don't see a point in arguing
minute details in a rec.skiing group.

We are going to have to agree to disagree. I am hardly going to
change your point of view, and you are hardly going to change mine.
However, I think you should realize what a complete buffoon you come
across by when you combine metaphysics with ski mechanics. I like
metaphysics. I just don't like it when it is skewered, or it is used in
a self righteous manner.

Enjoy your dance of Cosmos, just make sure your edges are sharpened,
you check the Avy conditions, and you are bundled up. Don't be bothered
by the space is a vacuum thing, or the gamma rays..

Trying to explain or convince him that his thought pattern is not
logical is just like trying to teach my 5 year old differential calculus
with rates of acceleration of race cars, at least he is understanding
that some cars are faster than others.

A daddy moment, last week I was away at the track and my son turned on
the speed channel and there was a news show at a race track and he told
mommy that he was looking for me. Then the next day he was watching F1
practice and cheering for Hamilton, he told his mother that I would be
cheering too. I was I did not go to track until practice was over that day.
Old September 15th 10, 02:02 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Bob F

downhill wrote:
Ted Waldron wrote:
In article
,
snowbender wrote:

[...]

What you don't understand is that he knows everything, and everyone else is
always wrong, and it is his responsibility to make damn sure that everyone knows
how superior he is. I have yet, in years of watching, ever seen him concede that
he was wrong and someone else was right. (Even though it was obvious to everyone
else)

He must be looking at a mirror whenever he types. Every criticism he makes
applies much better to him than the person he criticises.

Old September 15th 10, 02:58 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha[_2_]

On Sep 14, 7:02*pm, "Bob F" wrote:
downhill wrote:
Ted Waldron wrote:
In article
,
*snowbender wrote:

[...]

I have yet, in years of watching, ever seen you condemn the behavior
of any of your fellow freaks, no matter how wrong it was. Jokes about
raping children, false allegations, gross defamations, death threats,
real world stalking. Even though the vileness was obvious to any
decent human being, never a word of criticism from you. Except for
criticizing me and Itchie.
Yes, we are superior to you. Far superior. We both make damn sure
you know it.

He must be looking at a mirror whenever he types.

It is a shame YOU don't look into the mirror whenever you type, just
so you can see what an asshole you are.

Every criticism he makes
applies much better to him than the person he criticises

Holy ****. Irony meter looks into the mirror, and the mirror
shatters.
BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Old September 15th 10, 03:45 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
snowbender

snowbender wrote:
Not sure which is kooky post, my "Realism and Nominalism" challenge or
you who cannot face the rebuttals and change the subject to redirect
the attention that you have lost the arguments and wouldn't want to
admit.

The kooky post , that I was replying to was trying to show that Taoism
explains Einstein's General Theory of Relativity. I just have a
problem with people who constantly spew garbage of combining
metaphysical ideas with scientific principles as one entity.

Before you can prove my post is kooky and call my post kooky is what
makes yourself the kooky person already, and yes, I too have a problem
with people who think that because they can spell some scientific
jargons so they can pretend that they are some kind of expert on
metaphysical ideas with scientific principles.

I gave some examples of trying of trying to show how at times,
combining the two, then pretending this is scientific proven, is just
rubbish.

Given that you cannot counter my rebuttals, it's your pretension of
that you know better is the rubbish, and lesser you can counter my
rebuttals, the deeper the denial, and the lower class rubbish you go,
and soon, like many geppers before you, you too will turn into a
shameless denial if you don't know how to stop your rubbish.

I know what Nominalism is, thank you very much, given it was a big
part of European Medieval philosophy. I don't see a point in arguing
minute details in a rec.skiing group.

According to Nominalism, your world is only as big as what your mind
can perceive, which at this point doesn't show much but pretensions
and denials.

We are going to have to agree to disagree. I am hardly going to
change your point of view, and you are hardly going to change mine.
However, I think you should realize what a complete buffoon you come
across by when you combine metaphysics with ski mechanics. I like
metaphysics. I just don't like it when it is skewered, or it is used in
a self righteous manner.

Interesting how you self righteous persons don't see yourselves self
righteous behaviors, guess that's what makes you a gepper. No, I don't
think that you know much what "metaphysics" really is, nor Taoism. So
no, can't agree with the disagreement; the fact is that you are really
only a half baked new-ager gepper who thinks he know but "cannot pick
it up, cannot put it down."

Enjoy your dance of Cosmos, just make sure your edges are sharpened,
you check the Avy conditions, and you are bundled up. Don't be bothered
by the space is a vacuum thing, or the gamma rays..

Thanks for the concern, nowadays, though still take some calculated
risks sometime, but skiing is now always "safety first"; with feet
firmly hug the snow and hands are waving free, I don't ski with
illusions.

snowbender