Total Body Automation

Old July 3rd 08, 04:08 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
taichiskiing

Default Total Body Automation

Interesting moment caught on tape; see the spinning camera shot toward
the end of the clip,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UreDL2Zshvw

As a cameraman, I suppose to keep the lead skier in the picture, and
when I formation ski with someone as a "wingman," I usually duplicate
the lead skier's every move, so, when he spun I followed suit and not
realizing I was holding the camera.

"Mind thinks, body moves," total body automation.

Gapper troll,
IS
Old July 3rd 08, 05:07 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Yabahoobs

On Jul 3, 9:08*am, taichiskiing
wrote:
Interesting moment caught on tape; see the spinning camera shot toward
the end of the clip,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UreDL2Zshvw

As a cameraman, I suppose to keep the lead skier in the picture, and
when I formation ski with someone as a "wingman," I usually duplicate
the lead skier's every move, so, when he spun I followed suit and not
realizing I was holding the camera.

"Mind thinks, body moves," total body automation.

Gapper troll,
IS

Is that how you spend your days on the slopes ? It's almost as if you
spend more time going horizontal to the ''fall-line'' then you do
actually going down it.

Old July 3rd 08, 06:55 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
taichiskiing

On Jul 3, 9:07 am, Yabahoobs wrote:
On Jul 3, 9:08 am, taichiskiing
wrote:

Interesting moment caught on tape; see the spinning camera shot toward
the end of the clip,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UreDL2Zshvw

As a cameraman, I suppose to keep the lead skier in the picture, and
when I formation ski with someone as a "wingman," I usually duplicate
the lead skier's every move, so, when he spun I followed suit and not
realizing I was holding the camera.

"Mind thinks, body moves," total body automation.

Gapper troll,
IS

Is that how you spend your days on the slopes ? It's almost as if you
spend more time going horizontal to the ''fall-line'' then you do
actually going down it.

Ahh, got one, that's quick.

No, we go down the fall-line as well,
http://www.taomartialarts.com/ski/sk...ghtliningl.wmv

IS
Old July 3rd 08, 07:18 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Yabahoobs

wrote:

Interesting moment caught on tape; see the spinning camera shot toward
the end of the clip,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UreDL2Zshvw

As a cameraman, I suppose to keep the lead skier in the picture, and
when I formation ski with someone as a "wingman," I usually duplicate
the lead skier's every move, so, when he spun I followed suit and not
realizing I was holding the camera.

"Mind thinks, body moves," total body automation.

Gapper troll,
IS

Is that how you spend your days on the slopes ? It's almost as if you
spend more time going horizontal to the ''fall-line'' then you do
actually going down it.

Ahh, got one, that's quick.

No, we go down the fall-line as well,http://www.taomartialarts.com/ski/sk...ghtliningl.wmv

IS

LoL...Okaaaayyyy, and now please explain how holding your arms
horizontally and sticking your skis together and pointing them down
the hill is unique and remarkable in ANY context whatsoever ?
Old July 4th 08, 12:30 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
taichiskiing

wrote:

[...]

Yes, it is called "go down the fall-line."

What so funny, can you do it?

IS
Old July 4th 08, 12:56 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
lal_truckee

taichiskiing wrote:

clip
http://www.taomartialarts.com/ski/sk...ghtliningl.wmv

clip

Yes, it is called "go down the fall-line."

What so funny, can you do it?

Why did the skier start his schuss on the lower groomed area rather than
above where the slope apparently hasn't been recently groomed?

Just curious.
Old July 4th 08, 01:17 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Alan Baker

In article
,

wrote:

[...]

I could do it before the age of 10.

--
"The iPhone doesn't have a speaker phone" -- "I checked very carefully" --
"I checked Apple's web pages" -- Edwin on the iPhone
Old July 4th 08, 01:50 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

wrote:

[...]

IS- Hide quoted text -

On the slope and conditions shown? Like you showed (hands out, no
poles) OR in a full-egg tuck OR spinning 360's all the way down
(although the slope does not appear to be steep enough to carry too
many 360's).

Old July 4th 08, 01:56 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
taichiskiing

On Jul 3, 5:17 pm, Alan Baker wrote:
In article
,

taichiskiing wrote:

Yes, it is called "go down the fall-line."

What so funny, can you do it?

IS

I could do it before the age of 10.

10 year old kids may do it for its fearless and stupidity. The real
question is can you do it now? Yes, let's see it.

IS

Old July 4th 08, 03:49 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
lal_truckee

taichiskiing wrote:
On Jul 3, 5:17 pm, Alan Baker wrote:
In article
,
clip
I could do it before the age of 10.

Late bloomer.

10 year old kids may do it for its fearless and stupidity. The real
question is can you do it now? Yes, let's see it.

You almost make me think you're serious. But really, now, that's a
pretty wimpy slope AND the skier is standing upright with arms
outstretched, so wind drag makes it impossibly to pick up much speed.

Try tucking to enjoy a fall line schuss. Also try a steeper slope.

Bye bye.