Nordic skiing URLs

Old October 17th 06, 01:26 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
chiefhiawatha

Default Nordic skiing URLs

Hey guys

just getting into the sport, as a winter addition to my cycling.

Can you guys shoot me the sites you regularly read?

I read http://www.fasterskier.com/, but what else is out there?
Old October 17th 06, 01:40 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Steve Thatcher

chiefhiawatha wrote:
Hey guys

just getting into the sport, as a winter addition to my cycling.

Can you guys shoot me the sites you regularly read?

I read http://www.fasterskier.com/, but what else is out there?

www.skinnyski.com (The best around) (midwest oriented, but fair
national coverage)

Old October 17th 06, 01:55 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

fasterskier.com and this group are pretty much it. As was pointed out,
local nordic clubs have pages. For me, farwestnordic.org is local.

Old October 17th 06, 03:26 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

www.xcskiworld.com
http://www.nordicskiracer.com/

where are you located? There are some regional associations.

Old October 17th 06, 04:02 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
chiefhiawatha

In article ,
wrote:

www.xcskiworld.com
http://www.nordicskiracer.com/

where are you located? There are some regional associations.

Chicago area. I bought my skis last winter about 2 weeks before the snow
was gone for the rest of the year. So I barely even know how to use the
skis. I will check those sites out, thanks.
Old October 17th 06, 03:38 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Norski

www.teamtoday.org By Pete Vordenberg, Head Coach at USST
www.teamfsx.com The Fischer/Swix race team website
www.engineeredtuning.net Zach Caldwell, top tuner's website, with a
link to Kris Freeman's website
www.crosscountryskier.com/ Ron Bergin's website companion to his great
magazine
www.masterskier.com website companion to the bi-monthly newspaper

--

Paul Haltvick
Bay Design and Build - LLC

Old October 18th 06, 01:09 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Leland Yee

Chicago area. I bought my skis last winter about 2 weeks before the snow
was gone for the rest of the year. So I barely even know how to use the
skis. I will check those sites out, thanks.

There is a Yahoo Group, xc chicago which has a lot of local
information.

Leland

Old October 18th 06, 01:09 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
kddonath

If you're interested in biathlon, I've got a collection of links over
at http://www.squidoo.com/biathlon

Isn't nordic sking just a type of biathlon without the rifle? ;-)

#1 most important site for US skiers: www.nws.noaa.gov check the
weather forecast

www.nordicskiracer.com Michigan Cup skiers. We'll see you this winter
in Michigan, chiefhiawatha. Every weekend the game is on. Come up &
have a blast with your new sport and learn all about it.

www.vasa.org check the trail conditions before getting in the car,
traverse city trail, very well groomed, fun, low to moderate
difficulty.

www.xcskiworld.com JD Downings site for master skiers

www.birkie.com The Race. Or is it THE race.

www.noquemanon.com Slice of heaven in Marquette, da UP. Classic focused
race.

www.stokelycreek.com oh man, one could retire up there, north of the
soo. seriously beautiful skiing.

www.grnst.org my ski team, lame site, but you can get hooked up with
our crew this way.

www.engineeredtuning.net ski grinder for when you need to get esoteric.

Old October 20th 06, 05:38 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Bjorn A. Payne Diaz

http://home.hia.no/~stephens/

-A good site for endurance training.

http://www3.langrenn.com/