Who's winning?

Old August 10th 03, 08:23 PM
Sue

Default Who's winning?

In message , Jay Pique
writes

I've got 30 minutes to kill before I go get
drunk. Believe it or not Sue, some people like to try and improve at
the activities they enjoy.

Getting drunk isn't difficult, but it isn't much fun either.
[I think I see a pattern here though]

How much?

I believe my power output has increased by approximately 1.21
jigawatts.

[that's a joke OR pattern matches]

An hour and a half sitting on a machine in a shed?

It's not in a shed, it's at the rec center in Silverthorne.

[no new pattern]

Maybe to save my life I could keep it up for 9 minutes!

But that's the thing - you can lower the resistance such that you can
keep it up for significantly longer than that.

I didn't make myself clear - I'd give up through boredom in less than
ten minutes. For instance, ten minutes is all I can stand of swimming
up and down, then up again and down again. So I play underwater hockey,
it's fun and extremely energetic. Cardiovascular fitness ceases to be a
problem, as do trunk and leg muscles.

Even a wildly out of
shape person should be able to spin their fat legs for 20 minutes at
zero resistance. But of course I'm not familiar with your physique.

A team captain described my physique as "scary... no, more like
terrifying". I put on muscle easily so I tend to look like a female
weightlifter. I don't play particularly well but I'm a great
psychological weapon!

More power, more endurance, less saddle sore

You either weren't doing enough cycling or you've got the wrong saddle.

Yes, I can climb bigger steps (steeps?
steppes?) because of the above listed reasons.
on the technical uphill sections. Speed is your friend on those.

Steps. You know, tree roots, rock bedding planes?
The riders who think about their technical don't rely on speed to carry
them over it. If you ask them to demonstrate they can do the same thing
really slowly. That's the sort of skills I'd like.

Get it - and go ride!

When the weather breaks. It's no fun when it's too hot.
--
Sue ];(
Old August 11th 03, 04:51 AM
Jay Pique

On Sun, 10 Aug 2003 21:23:32 +0100, Sue
wrote:

effectively nothing

Nice talking with you Sue. Cya.

JP
*************************
Unimpressed.
Old August 11th 03, 07:10 PM
uglymoney

On Sat, 09 Aug 2003 20:27:17 -0600, Jay Pique
wrote:

I'm not sure how good it is for skiing, but it has really
helped both my on and off road cycling.

How much?

I believe my power output has increased by approximately 1.21
jigawatts.

Damned straight, sounds like progress.

Help me out a bit though. That is enough energy to power
how many houses for how many months?

Do they make spinning machines that output electricity?
Could spinning facilites become net power exporters of clean
energy? Have we discovered a way to recycle the energy in
beer?

nate
Old August 11th 03, 08:37 PM
Vern93

In article ,
uglymoney wrote:

Have we discovered a way to recycle the energy in
beer?

Of Course! Haven't you heard of "Hydro Electric Power"?

http://www.usbr.gov/lc/hooverdam/