It's Here

Old October 18th 14, 03:10 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine.moderated
pigo[_2_]

Default It's Here

Indian summer! Close to 80 today. The rough is thick and lush. I might even BBQ after golf today? No skiing in the near future I suspect.

Old October 18th 14, 04:09 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine.moderated
BrritSki[_3_]

On 18/10/2014 17:10, pigo wrote:
Indian summer! Close to 80 today. The rough is thick and lush. I might even BBQ after golf today? No skiing in the near future I suspect.

Still warm here too, but I saw some pix of snow on mountains in Hawaii -
I know this happens, but not this early....

Old October 18th 14, 09:36 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine.moderated
The Real Bev[_4_]

On 10/18/2014 09:09 AM, BrritSki wrote:
On 18/10/2014 17:10, pigo wrote:
Indian summer! Close to 80 today. The rough is thick and lush. I might even BBQ after golf today? No skiing in the near future I suspect.

Still warm here too, but I saw some pix of snow on mountains in Hawaii -
I know this happens, but not this early....

Cooler here. I wore levis instead of shorts to go yard-saling this
morning and wore a fleece jacket until maybe 8:00. I guess it's time to
wax my skis and wonder if I still fit into those ski pants...

--
Cheers, Bev
Eat this, NSA: bomb assassinate Washington North Korea Iraq spy poison

Old October 19th 14, 01:08 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine.moderated
pigo[_2_]

On Saturday, October 18, 2014 10:09:13 AM UTC-6, BrritSki wrote:

Still warm here too, but I saw some pix of snow on mountains in Hawaii -

I know this happens, but not this early....

I'm not watching the weather and patterns as closely
as I used to when I wished winter was 12 months long.
But I am hearing about an El Nino and similar weather
patterns that led to some of the mondo snow years. But
in those years I also remember large amounts of snow
in Sept. That didn't happen.

We vaca'd in the Grimaud/St. Tropez area this May/June.
You ever spend time there? Interesting. Not somewhere
I'd say we have to go again next year. Most memorable
was getting stuck in an elevator for 45 mins! Haven't
decided on a spot for next year. I'm leaning towards
Portugal/Gibralter area.