California Helmet Law

Old September 4th 10, 03:45 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha twobuddha is offline
Banned

Default California Helmet Law

On Sep 4, 7:06*am, pigo wrote:
On Sep 3, 6:42*pm, Dave Cartman wrote:

I believe in personal choices and personal freedoms... for the medically
insured

Now there's an idea. Allow helmet free skiing if you present a valid
insurance card.

I have a better idea. No dickless RSA freak gets to spew his **** in
person unless he presents a valid insurance card.
Oooooops, forgot. No insurance plan on the planet covers nut
implants.
Which raises the question: how is Tranny Boob financing his
"transition"?
Old September 5th 10, 08:41 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Alan Baker

In article ,
Ted Waldron wrote:

In article
,
Richard Henry wrote:

On Sep 3, 9:31*pm, Alan Baker wrote:
In article
,
*Richard Henry wrote:

On Sep 3, 4:13*am, Dick G wrote:
http://www.skinet.com/ski/blogs/2010...s-to-cap-avoid..
.

Makes a ton of sense for kids, but simultaneously I hate the fact
that
government once again intrudes in our private lives and tells us what
we can and cannot do

I bought my kids helmets after one of them slid off the edge of a
trail and down through a grove of trees on an icy day at Big Bear.
The day after we got them, the other son hit his head on a lift chair
frame, and the only injury was a scratch on the helmet.

But no one told me I HAD to do it.

A couple of years ago, one of the younger instructors up at Cypress came
into the instructors' shack after have crashed on one of the cruisers --
where he'd hit a rock or a tree (I forget which) after he'd gone down
and headed off to the side of the run.

His helmet was cracked across almost in two...

...but his head was still in one piece.

I think I'm buying a helmet this year.

--
Alan Baker
Vancouver, British Columbia

Ny skiing injuries have been limited to a sprained ankle (hit a water
bar I didn't see when a wind gust blew snow across my vision and I
went flying) and a bruised knee (hit a rock hidden in a shallow-snow
cat track and landed on another one). No helmet would have helped
those.

Your head is a little bit more delicate and a bit more difficult to
access if you suffer the same trauma as did your knee. A concussion or
a contusion is a pretty serious injury.. There are reasons why
neurosurgeons have the longest residencies of physicians, (besides
ironically, Plastic Surgeons) I am all for protecting one's head at all
cost. It is either Personal Freedom and years of Physical Therapy, or
the Nanny State, and less drastic measures.

I am all for preventative medicine and cost benefit actions to lower
medical costs and prevent more serious injuries.

I like how personal freedom is at stake, because a requirement to wear
a helmet while skiing, but there is no qualms about personal freedom, if
Highway patrol demand a driver to a ski area to have snow tires or
chains on their car. Ditto with Seat Belt laws

1. Unfettered personal freedom stops where your actions put others lives
at risk. Driving a vehicle in conditions where chains are required
crosses that line.

2. Seat belt laws pretty much *are* the same curtailment of personal
freedom as making helmets mandatory (with a small caveat for the fact
that a driver with a belt on will very occasionally be able to maintain
control he'd otherwise lose without the belt).

I assume most people on this group think that Texans going 80 mph in
their rented SUV with all weather tires to Vail or another Colorado ski
destination resort does not fall into personal freedom. I think all
Texans should wear crash helmets in Rocky Mountain States during the
Winter in their rented SUVs.

I wear a ski helmet for two reasons. First, I have taken to many
spills, especially if my tele ski lose an edge on the first turn down a
colouir or some other steep slope. I rather have some assurance that If
I do fall, the blows to my noggin have some absorption by the ski helmet.

Second, I like to wear it, because it is much warmer on my head combine
with a balaclava. Actually at times, it is too warm, especially during
a not exactly freezing day in the Cascades.

The only time I really don't like wearing my bike helmet is when it is
really hot and dry out, and I just put on a baseball cap, which is a bit
more comfortable, but I always feel I am just increasing my risks.

To make this thread, OB: Jean Paul Satre/Monty Python Sketch, how can
we all be free if we are tied to material possessions?

Old September 5th 10, 10:58 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Evojeesus

On Sep 5, 10:41*am, Alan Baker wrote:

2. Seat belt laws pretty much *are* the same curtailment of personal
freedom as making helmets mandatory (with a small caveat for the fact
that a driver with a belt on will very occasionally be able to maintain
control he'd otherwise lose without the belt).

Anyone not wearing a seat belt is a complete idiot. They behave as if
laws of physics don't apply to them, LOL.
Old September 5th 10, 03:19 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On Sep 5, 3:58*am, Evojeesus wrote:
On Sep 5, 10:41*am, Alan Baker wrote:

2. Seat belt laws pretty much *are* the same curtailment of personal
freedom as making helmets mandatory (with a small caveat for the fact
that a driver with a belt on will very occasionally be able to maintain
control he'd otherwise lose without the belt).

Anyone not wearing a seat belt is a complete idiot. They behave as if
laws of physics don't apply to them, LOL.

I alwaye wear my seatbelt and suggest to my passengers that they do
the same.

That behavior predated any mandatory seatbelt laws.
Old September 5th 10, 04:27 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
snowbender

On Sep 3, 9:35 am, Richard Henry wrote:
On Sep 3, 4:13 am, Dick G wrote:

http://www.skinet.com/ski/blogs/2010...s-to-cap-avoid...

Makes a ton of sense for kids, but simultaneously I hate the fact that
government once again intrudes in our private lives and tells us what
we can and cannot do

I bought my kids helmets after one of them slid off the edge of a
trail and down through a grove of trees on an icy day at Big Bear.
The day after we got them, the other son hit his head on a lift chair
frame, and the only injury was a scratch on the helmet.

But no one told me I HAD to do it.

Oh yeah they do. Don't you know it is illegal to wear helmet and drive
in a car in California?

snowbeader
Old September 5th 10, 05:42 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Alan Baker

In article
,
Evojeesus wrote:

On Sep 5, 10:41*am, Alan Baker wrote:

2. Seat belt laws pretty much *are* the same curtailment of personal
freedom as making helmets mandatory (with a small caveat for the fact
that a driver with a belt on will very occasionally be able to maintain
control he'd otherwise lose without the belt).

Anyone not wearing a seat belt is a complete idiot. They behave as if
laws of physics don't apply to them, LOL.

Sure... ...so what?

People are allowed to take foolish risks with their own safety.

Old September 5th 10, 05:43 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Alan Baker

In article
,

On Sep 3, 4:13 am, Dick G wrote:

http://www.skinet.com/ski/blogs/2010...s-to-cap-avoid...

Makes a ton of sense for kids, but simultaneously I hate the fact that
government once again intrudes in our private lives and tells us what
we can and cannot do

I bought my kids helmets after one of them slid off the edge of a
trail and down through a grove of trees on an icy day at Big Bear.
The day after we got them, the other son hit his head on a lift chair
frame, and the only injury was a scratch on the helmet.

But no one told me I HAD to do it.

Oh yeah they do. Don't you know it is illegal to wear helmet and drive
in a car in California?

snowbeader

No, Chai-tea, I've never heard that. Can you actually provide a
reference for that?

Old September 5th 10, 06:20 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On Sep 3, 4:13 am, Dick G wrote:

http://www.skinet.com/ski/blogs/2010...s-to-cap-avoid....

Makes a ton of sense for kids, but simultaneously I hate the fact that
government once again intrudes in our private lives and tells us what
we can and cannot do

I bought my kids helmets after one of them slid off the edge of a
trail and down through a grove of trees on an icy day at Big Bear.
The day after we got them, the other son hit his head on a lift chair
frame, and the only injury was a scratch on the helmet.

But no one told me I HAD to do it.

Oh yeah they do. Don't you know it is illegal to wear helmet and drive
in a car in California?

snowbeader

Did you know the word "gullible" is misspelled in most dictionaries?
Old September 6th 10, 01:00 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha twobuddha is offline
Banned

On Sep 5, 1:13*am, Ted Waldron wrote:
In article
,

*Richard Henry wrote:

On Sep 3, 4:13*am, Dick G wrote:
[...]

we all be free if we are tied to material possessions?- Hide quoted text -

Hey, Teddy? Was it head trauma that caused you to lie to a cop, lie
to a judge, and swear under oath that you had been threatened, then be
incapable of providing any evidence in court? Head trauma that made
you commit felony perjury and lie about doing so ever since? Head
trauma that makes you come up with the insane and defamatory lies
you've been spewing for years?
No wonder you have never been man enough to talk your **** in person.
Afraid of more head trauma, eh, pppppuuuuussssssyyyyy?
Old September 6th 10, 01:04 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Sep 5, 8:19*am, Richard Henry wrote:
On Sep 5, 3:58*am, Evojeesus wrote:

On Sep 5, 10:41*am, Alan Baker wrote:

2. Seat belt laws pretty much *are* the same curtailment of personal
freedom as making helmets mandatory (with a small caveat for the fact
that a driver with a belt on will very occasionally be able to maintain
control he'd otherwise lose without the belt).

Anyone not wearing a seat belt is a complete idiot. They behave as if
laws of physics don't apply to them, LOL.

I alwaye wear my seatbelt and suggest to my passengers that they do
the same.

That behavior predated any mandatory seatbelt laws.

Hey, do you suggest to your friends that they lie to the cops?
Of course you do. You've done so right here on numerous occasions.
Any comment on Baker ppppuuuuusssssyyyyying out on his oft repeated
threat to lie to the Seattle cops?
You know, the same lie you supposedly told them. You know, felony
false reporting and knowingly lying to the police?
I LOVE IT!!!!! Waldron, Baker, Henry right in a row. Waldron lied to
the cops and got laughed out of court after committing felony perjury,
and his buddies threatened to do the same thing: falsely accuse me of
threatening their lives. Waldron was damn lucky he didn't get
prosecuted, and it looks like Dickless Henry and Baker were smart
enough to only talk **** here, not when they could get jailed for
doing so.
BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAH
What a bunch of pathetic ppppppuuuuuuusssssiiiiiiiiieeesssss!!!!!
Still waiting for that call from SPD. Contact info? Where is Brain
Fried Bob when I need him?
BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA