Car hire location in Tignes?

Old November 18th 03, 09:37 AM
Robert Rees

Default Car hire location in Tignes?

I'm in Tignes in the week before Christmas and may need to hire a car
for a day. Anyone know if there is a reasonably priced car hire company
in the resort?

Regards

Rob

Old November 20th 03, 01:10 PM
AnyBody43

"Robert Rees" wrote in message news:391f4d573cc019e74626263d077e7184.50333@mygat e.mailgate.org...
I'm in Tignes in the week before Christmas and may need to hire a car
for a day. Anyone know if there is a reasonably priced car hire company
in the resort?

I don't.

However I do know that:-

"location" in French = "hire" or "hiring" in English

which I thought interesting in the context.
Old November 21st 03, 10:40 PM
Robert Rees

"John Wilcock" wrote in message

On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 10:37:57 +0000 (UTC), Robert Rees wrote:
I'm in Tignes in the week before Christmas and may need to hire a car
for a day. Anyone know if there is a reasonably priced car hire company
in the resort?

A quick look in the yellow pages http://www.pagesjaunes.fr/ shows that
Europcar are the only ones with an outlet in Tignes itself (at the
Total garage in Tignes le lac).

John.

Thanks John. I just checked the Europcar website and they quoted 150
Euros for one day Economy grade car hire. I was hoping for something a
bit cheaper than this! Perhaps I'll negotiate directly witth that
garage when I'm in Tignes.

Regards

Rob

Old November 22nd 03, 12:00 AM
Dr Bob Holt

I'd try down in Bourg St Maurice if I were you.

--
http://www.endlesswinter.co.uk
"When Hell freezes over, I'll snowboard there too"

news:d5e8b2092547b8a4aec52d3f8a4625e4.50333@mygate .mailgate.org...