HELP: Profil binding dias-assembly

Old November 25th 05, 12:49 AM

Default HELP: Profil binding dias-assembly

Hi guys,

Need some help. I recently purchased a pair of Salomon Prfil automatic
bindings from a warehouse clearance for my daughters skis. These bindings
are mounted on store display stand and I'm currently disassembling it. Got
three of teh four screws off.

How does one get to the screw under the main part of the binding - just in
front of the toe.

Help much appreciated.

Tony
Ottawa

Old November 25th 05, 02:03 AM

Look at the binding from the side, find the pin holging the rubber
stopper and push the pin out with somthing sharp. Like, a fine flat
screwdriver will do it. Then pull the stopper out and you will get
access to that screw. I hope you are using a heavy-duty phillips: those
srews ruin cheap screwdrivers.

Old November 25th 05, 02:20 PM

You should not have to remove the rubber bumper. On the top of the
binding in frnt of the foot is a plastic piece with the Solomon logo.
Pry that up and it should snap off. That provides access to the screw.
There should be a hole in the bumper to allow the screw driver to reach
the head of the screw. Also the screw is not a phillips head srew--it
is a Posi-Drive screw. Use a good #3 posi-drive screw driver on your
binding screws.

The posi-drive and phillips look similar but the shap of the crossed
slot is slightly different. A phillips screw has tapered slots while a
posi-drive screw has slots with parallel sides. Using a phillips screw
driver on a posidrive screw might results in stripped screw heads.
Ralph's Nordic Web
www.ernordic.com/ralph.htm

Old November 26th 05, 01:10 AM

NO NO NO NO DO NOT PUNCH OUT THE PIN. DOING SO COMPROMISES THE BINDING
AND COULD CAUSE UNEXPECTED FAILURE.

The push button piece pops off. Its been a while since I used these
bindings so I am a little vague on how to pop the button off. I think
you slide itforward using a screw driver as a wedge. I do remember that
getting it bacl on was a lot easier than taking it off.

Jeff

Old November 28th 05, 02:31 AM

Oops. Yeah Jeff, you are right, I was wrong about removing the rubber
bumper.

Old November 29th 05, 01:39 AM

Thanks all, job is done.

Tony