Yo, Horvie!

Old December 6th 11, 02:58 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev[_4_]

Default Yo, Horvie!

Today's Dilbert is just for you. I can't get a direct link, so you'll
just have to imagine the pictures.

CEO talking to the secretary:

Warren Buffett says your tax rate is higher than mine.
Thank you for subsidizing my mansion, I really appreciate it.
A good leader always shows appreciation to his underlings.

--
Cheers,
Bev

Old December 6th 11, 03:31 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Bob F

The Real Bev wrote:
Today's Dilbert is just for you. I can't get a direct link, so you'll
just have to imagine the pictures.

CEO talking to the secretary:

Warren Buffett says your tax rate is higher than mine.
Thank you for subsidizing my mansion, I really appreciate it.
A good leader always shows appreciation to his underlings.

Warren paid $31,500 for his "mansion". In this case, they're off the mark.

Warren is well known for his "frugal lifestyle" compared to other billionaires.

And he is dead right about the problems of the US tax system.

Old December 6th 11, 03:37 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

On Dec 6, 9:31*am, "Bob F" wrote:

And he is dead right about the problems of the US tax system.

You know he paid far more in taxes than his secretary don't you? Not
in income tax but in things like capital gains....

Old December 6th 11, 05:01 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha twobuddha is offline
Banned

On Dec 6, 8:37*am, pigo wrote:
On Dec 6, 9:31*am, "Bob F" wrote:

And he is dead right about the problems of the US tax system.

You know he paid far more in taxes than his secretary don't you? Not
in income tax but in things like capital gains....

And that's a problem, Birther Bob? He made a helluva lot more money,
too.
Amazing. TeaBagger Bob defends the rich
Old December 6th 11, 07:20 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
NormG

pigo wrote:
On Dec 6, 9:31 am, "Bob F" wrote:

And he is dead right about the problems of the US tax system.

You know he paid far more in taxes than his secretary don't you? Not
in income tax but in things like capital gains....

However you want to paint it there is still an outrageous imbalance which
needs to be corrected, and its unlikely the wealthy will willingly give up
what they have been given.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution
inevitable.
John F. Kennedy, In a speech at the White House, 1962
35th president of US 1961-1963 (1917 - 1963)

Old December 6th 11, 09:25 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Walt

On 12/6/2011 3:20 PM, NormG wrote:
pigo wrote:
On Dec 6, 9:31 am, "Bob F" wrote:

And he is dead right about the problems of the US tax system.

You know he paid far more in taxes than his secretary don't you? Not
in income tax but in things like capital gains....

However you want to paint it there is still an outrageous imbalance which
needs to be corrected, and its unlikely the wealthy will willingly give up
what they have been given.

pigo doesn't seem to understand the term "rate".

BTW, US Capital Gains tax rate: 15%

Marginal tax rate for someone earning less than $110,000 in wage income:
25% plus ~15% in payroll tax ~= 40%

It's beyond me why someone who *works* for their income has to pay a
higher *rate* than someone who sits by the pool drinking pina coladas
waiting for their royalty check to arrive. But that's the current US
tax system.

//Walt

Old December 7th 11, 03:15 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Tue, 6 Dec 2011 12:20:56 -0800, "NormG"
wrote this crap:

And he is dead right about the problems of the US tax system.

You know he paid far more in taxes than his secretary don't you? Not
in income tax but in things like capital gains....

However you want to paint it there is still an outrageous imbalance which
needs to be corrected, and its unlikely the wealthy will willingly give up
what they have been given.

-----------------------------------

You mean, "What they have earned." Anything you have earned should be
kept by you.

Merry Christmas everyone. God bless us all.
Old December 7th 11, 07:30 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
NormG

wrote this crap:

And he is dead right about the problems of the US tax system.

You know he paid far more in taxes than his secretary don't you? Not
in income tax but in things like capital gains....

However you want to paint it there is still an outrageous imbalance
which needs to be corrected, and its unlikely the wealthy will
willingly give up what they have been given.

-----------------------------------

You mean, "What they have earned." Anything you have earned should be
kept by you.

After you have paid your fair share of taxes. The wealthy are not paying
their fair share of taxes.

Internal Revenue Service data show that in 1992, the effective federal
income tax rate on the well-off was 26 percent. Today, after two tax cuts
under George W. Bush, the effective rate is about 17 percent.

17%? I pay more federal tax than that and I seldom make much more than 50K,
ferchrissake.

The other part of this problem is the hoarding of wealth at the top. In 1980
the average CEO made about 50 times the lowest paid in his company. Today
that is closer to 300 times. Do you honestly think those guys work even 50
times as hard as their employees? I'm all for rewarding hard work but lets
draw the line somewhere this side of ridiculous, please.

Old December 7th 11, 01:06 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Wed, 7 Dec 2011 00:30:19 -0800, "NormG"
wrote this crap:

which needs to be corrected, and its unlikely the wealthy will
willingly give up what they have been given.

-----------------------------------

You mean, "What they have earned." Anything you have earned should be
kept by you.

After you have paid your fair share of taxes. The wealthy are not paying
their fair share of taxes.

Now that depends on what you mean by fair share. I consider 10% by
everyone to be a fair share.

I consider it unfair that 43% of Americans pay no taxes while the top
10% pay 95% of the taxes.

Merry Christmas Everybody. God bless us all.
Old December 7th 11, 01:52 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

On Dec 7, 7:06*am, wrote:

Now that depends on what you mean by fair share. *I consider 10% by
everyone to be a fair share.

I consider it unfair that 43% of Americans pay no taxes while the top
10% pay 95% of the taxes.

I heard or read somewhere "the top ten reasons for income inequality
in the U.S". And it was a list of people like Bill Gates, Jeff Bezos,
Zuckerman, the Oprah.......That their wealth alone was Soooooooooooooo
high that it skewed the figures.

A flat tax of 10% and a national sales tax of 5%.

I'd also encourage those so "concerned with everyone else" to put
their own money into a pool of like minded people, split it evenly,
and all live with what an equal split could give everyone. It would
include all of those that make nothing though. The welfare state would
go away and be replaced by your utopias.