Geneva Airport Closed

Old January 26th 04, 12:05 PM
Simon Brown

Default Geneva Airport Closed

Too much snow :-)

http://www.tagesanzeiger.ch/dyn/news...er/343114.html

--
Simon Brown
www.hb9drv.ch

Old January 26th 04, 12:25 PM
Ian Spare

Simon Brown wrote:
Too much snow :-)

http://www.tagesanzeiger.ch/dyn/news...er/343114.html

I'm not surprised, I went over to Neuchatel this morning and the drive
back was interesting :-) I'm not surprised the police were being called
to accidents, I saw a couple on the way back including the car in front
of me spinning on a roundabout.

Stopped snowing now though although it maybe doesn't look finished.

Ian
Old January 26th 04, 12:33 PM
Ace

On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 14:25:26 +0100, Ian Spare
wrote:

Simon Brown wrote:
Too much snow :-)

I'm not surprised, I went over to Neuchatel this morning and the drive
back was interesting :-) I'm not surprised the police were being called
to accidents, I saw a couple on the way back including the car in front
of me spinning on a roundabout.

Stopped snowing now though although it maybe doesn't look finished.

Been the same up the road here in Basel. I for one hope it holds off
until we've got home tonight, as we came in the little peugeot this
morning, with its ultra-low profile sports tyres - could be amusing if
they haven't cleared some of the country roads on our way home...

Just looked outside and it's sunny right now, with more blue sky to
windward, so we might be OK. Seems like there's a couple of inches on
the pavement, though...

--
Ace (brucedotrogers a.t rochedotcom)
Old January 26th 04, 12:42 PM
Ian Spare

Ace wrote:

Been the same up the road here in Basel. I for one hope it holds off
until we've got home tonight, as we came in the little peugeot this

I had actually gone to the office but I decided to come home again in
case it got much worse.

morning, with its ultra-low profile sports tyres - could be amusing if
they haven't cleared some of the country roads on our way home...

:-) I'd forgot when I left it was supposed to snow and the only thing
that stopped me using the 2wd was I recalled it needed filling up so I
took the 4wd which had a full tank. Bizarrely as I came home they'd
cleared about a 3km radius of the village but not between the main road
and that 3km line, a line coinciding with the canton boundary I think.

Just looked outside and it's sunny right now, with more blue sky to
windward, so we might be OK. Seems like there's a couple of inches on
the pavement, though...

And when I posted the above mail it was the same here but it's just
started again heavily here... which should bode well for the weekend,
I've a couple of days off as well ...

Ian
Old January 27th 04, 08:38 AM
Marco Cattaneo

"Simon Brown" wrote in message
Too much snow :-)

http://www.tagesanzeiger.ch/dyn/news...er/343114.html

It only really snowed heavily for a few hours, from 5:30 'til late morning -
no more than 10cm in total, followed by light rain in the evening. The
problem is that it started more or less at the same time as the morning rush
hour - the roads never got cleared as a result. I guess at the airport they
*could* periodically stop the traffic to clear the snow.

More details at
http://www.tdg.ch/accueil/selection_...ticle_ID=21538

It's been snowing lightly again this morning, after sleet all night. Heavy
falls forecast for Thursday, followed by clear weather for the weekend ;-)

Old January 27th 04, 09:15 AM
Greg Hilton

"Simon Brown" wrote in news:bv33bm$n6jig$1@ID-
6220.news.uni-berlin.de:

Too much snow :-)

http://www.tagesanzeiger.ch/dyn/news...er/343114.html

How lucky was I then! skied all day yesterday in powder at les houches and
made to geneva with no delays at all, didn't even know the airport had been
shut!

regards,

greg