Told You So, Dick

Old January 14th 08, 11:19 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Jeff Davis

Default Told You So, Dick

Pilot Error. "His first season flying in formation," too. Argue with
the Navy. And go **** yourself.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22651166/
--
According to John Perry Barlow, "Jeff Davis is a truly gifted trouble-maker."

Old January 14th 08, 11:36 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Dave Cartman

In article ,
(Jeff Davis) wrote:

Pilot Error. "His first season flying in formation," too. Argue with
the Navy. And go **** yourself.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22651166/

Jeff, for the love of Od-n!

That was a "snip" reminiscent of Bert in his heyday. The complete
statement was "Davis was in his first season flying in formation with
the Navy's elite aerial demonstration team."

He was, by no means a "rookie pilot," and it is extremely disrespectful
for you to say so.

As for it being "pilot error," the wings could have
fallen off mid-flight and the report would read something like "Pilot's
inability to maintain level flight in the absence of a functioning
airframe led to impact. (I actually admire that pilots tend to be held
responsible regardless of how insurmountable the obstacle they
encounter.) It is almost always pilot error, even when it's not.
Old January 15th 08, 12:49 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Alan Baker

In article ,
(Jeff Davis) wrote:

Pilot Error. "His first season flying in formation," too. Argue with
the Navy. And go **** yourself.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22651166/

Please, Jeff. You've made a big enough fool of yourself over the subject
of aerodynamics.

I'm sure if you put your mind to it, you can find a new subject over
which you can make a fool of yourself.

--
According to John Perry Barlow, "Jeff Davis is a truly gifted trouble-maker."

"-- "

--
Alan Baker
Vancouver, British Columbia
Old January 15th 08, 09:59 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Suzieflame

On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 14:36:57 -1000, Dave Cartman
wrote:

In article ,
(Jeff Davis) wrote:

Pilot Error. "His first season flying in formation," too. Argue with
the Navy. And go **** yourself.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22651166/

Jeff, for the love of Od-n!

That was a "snip" reminiscent of Bert in his heyday. The complete
statement was "Davis was in his first season flying in formation with
the Navy's elite aerial demonstration team."

He was, by no means a "rookie pilot," and it is extremely disrespectful
for you to say so.

As for it being "pilot error," the wings could have
fallen off mid-flight and the report would read something like "Pilot's
inability to maintain level flight in the absence of a functioning
airframe led to impact. (I actually admire that pilots tend to be held
responsible regardless of how insurmountable the obstacle they
encounter.) It is almost always pilot error, even when it's not.

It is worse than that in the Royal Navy. Pilots who have a bad day
literally get the bill for their accident on a form called a 126. The
aircraft is deemed to be in their care until handed back to the
flight, and if they lose it, it's officially their problem to replace
it.

Suzie
--
Suzieflame

Adieu alt.horror
Old January 15th 08, 12:28 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
BrritSki

Dave Cartman wrote:
In article ,
(Jeff Davis) wrote:

Pilot Error. "His first season flying in formation," too. Argue with
the Navy. And go **** yourself.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22651166/

Jeff, for the love of Od-n!

That was a "snip" reminiscent of Bert in his heyday. The complete
statement was "Davis was in his first season flying in formation with
the Navy's elite aerial demonstration team."

He was, by no means a "rookie pilot," and it is extremely disrespectful
for you to say so.

RAF pilots first do formation flying before they have their wings during
training. We really were rookie pilots...
Old January 15th 08, 03:07 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On Jan 14, 4:19*pm, (Jeff Davis) wrote:
Pilot Error. *"His first season flying in formation," too. *Argue with
the Navy. *And go **** yourself. *

This is going back a long ways, so help ne out here. As I recall,
your original "augered in" statement was an attempt to deflect
attention from your demonstrated ignorance of aerodynamics. Is that
correct?

Old January 15th 08, 11:48 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Jay Pique

On Jan 15, 11:07*am, Richard Henry wrote:
On Jan 14, 4:19*pm, (Jeff Davis) wrote:

Pilot Error. *"His first season flying in formation," too. *Argue with
the Navy. *And go **** yourself. *

This is going back a long ways, so help ne out here. *As I recall,
your original "augered in" statement was an attempt to deflect
attention from your demonstrated ignorance of aerodynamics. *Is that
correct?

Sounds like you folks need an impartial expert to sort things out.
I've flown extensively throughout the United States on several
different airlines, recieved a score of "5" on my AP Physics exam, and
have been subscribing to Popular Science since 1988. Anything you
need to know, I'd be happy to help.

JP
Old January 16th 08, 02:02 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Alan Baker

In article
,
Jay Pique wrote:

On Jan 15, 11:07*am, Richard Henry wrote:
On Jan 14, 4:19*pm, (Jeff Davis) wrote:

Pilot Error. *"His first season flying in formation," too. *Argue with
the Navy. *And go **** yourself. *

This is going back a long ways, so help ne out here. *As I recall,
your original "augered in" statement was an attempt to deflect
attention from your demonstrated ignorance of aerodynamics. *Is that
correct?

Sounds like you folks need an impartial expert to sort things out.
I've flown extensively throughout the United States on several
different airlines, recieved a score of "5" on my AP Physics exam, and
have been subscribing to Popular Science since 1988. Anything you
need to know, I'd be happy to help.

JP

It's fine, Jay.

Jeff is one of those strange people who think that aircraft can fly
through the air without displacing any air downward...

Old January 16th 08, 05:54 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Jeff Davis

Overcompensating for your ****ty skiing now...
--
According to John Perry Barlow, "Jeff Davis is a truly gifted trouble-maker."

Old January 16th 08, 05:56 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On Jan 15, 7:02*pm, Alan Baker wrote:
In article
,
*Jay Pique wrote:

[...]

Because the air on top of the wing is at a higher altitude than the
air on the bottom, the pressure difference causes the wing to rise.