A huge difference in mentality.

Old November 16th 03, 02:16 AM
Inger Skramstad Jørstad

Default A huge difference in mentality.

There seems to be a huge difference in mentality between alpine and Nordic
skiers. XC skiers are docile and relaxed, while alpine skiers surely seem
extremely high strung, at least here. It is no wonder that the US sometimes
is called "Prozac Nation". Maybe this newsgroup is the result of long-time
exposure of an etremely unhealthy mixture of Prozac, booze, funny pills,
herbal smoke, sweet injections, Big Macs, Whoppers, pizza, handguns, assault
rifles, donuts, gasgobbling cars, fundamentalist politicians, Michael
Jackson (particularly him!!), fruitcakes (in all senses of the word!!),
fraudulent elections, political sponsors, lobbyism, the NRA, gangbangers,
snipers, drive-by shootings, gangster rappers, trash TV, Enron, side-by-side
refrigerators, blackhawks down, drug trafficking, illegal aliens, etc. etc.

Old November 16th 03, 02:14 PM
Doug Taylor

"Inger Skramstad Jørstad" wrote in message

There seems to be a huge difference in mentality between alpine and Nordic
skiers. XC skiers are docile and relaxed, while alpine skiers surely seem
extremely high strung, at least here. It is no wonder that the US

sometimes
is called "Prozac Nation".

Then there are those rare do-it-alls who get up each winter morning and
stare at the quiver: alpine skis, snowboard, nordic classic skis, nordic
skate skis, long track speed skates, short track speed skates, and have to
make a decision. Talk about having to take medication ...

Old November 16th 03, 02:55 PM
Inger Skramstad Jørstad

"Doug Taylor" skrev i melding
Then there are those rare do-it-alls who get up each winter morning and

stare at the quiver: alpine skis, snowboard, nordic classic skis, nordic
skate skis, long track speed skates, short track speed skates, and have to

make a decision. Talk about having to take medication ...
Yes, I agree, you have a valid point here. A lot of us make too much fuss
about all of this, myself included, I will readily admit. We all should
lower our tensed shoulders, and try to relax more. Skiing is not everything,
there is more to life than just skiing, even though it does not seem so to
us when the first snow is falling.

Old November 16th 03, 02:57 PM
Inger Skramstad Jørstad

"Bob Lee" skrev i melding
Inger Skramstad Jørstad wrote:
There seems to be a huge difference in mentality between alpine and

Nordic
skiers. XC skiers are docile and relaxed, while alpine skiers surely

seem
extremely high strung, at least here.

You pathetic amoral weasel! *I'm* a nordic skier, and I'm ready to
pound your hypocritical nordic ass for that! That's right, you insane,
unethical, pathologically lying psychopath, just post a verifiable name
and address and we will meet you and free-heel you till the **** runs
down your leg. You will NEVER dis another nordic skier again...oh, hold
on...wait a sec - I now see that you were dissing *alpine* skiers.
Sorry, you're right - alpiners are the high-strung ones here and us
nordic skiers are docile and relaxed. Carry on.

You really got me worried there for a while, mate................. Point
taken, I guess.

Old November 16th 03, 10:49 PM
ant

Inger Skramstad Jørstad wrote:
It is no wonder
that the US sometimes is called "Prozac Nation". Maybe this newsgroup
is the result of long-time exposure of an etremely unhealthy mixture
of

Nope, it's the sugar. The bread there is loaded with it, for some reason.
OTOH, the salad dressing isn't, so there's a sort of balance, and it's
excellent. I always smuggle a few bottles of salad dressing home....creamy
Italian, ranch...yummo.

ant

Old November 16th 03, 11:23 PM
Inger Skramstad Jørstad

"ant" skrev i melding
Inger Skramstad Jørstad wrote:
It is no wonder
that the US sometimes is called "Prozac Nation". Maybe this newsgroup
is the result of long-time exposure of an etremely unhealthy mixture

Nope, it's the sugar. The bread there is loaded with it, for some reason.

Yes indeed, that too. Too much sugar makes people hyperactive and/or
overweight, you know.

Old November 17th 03, 12:07 AM
Richard Henry

"Inger Skramstad Jørstad" wrote in message
"ant" skrev i melding
Inger Skramstad Jørstad wrote:
It is no wonder
that the US sometimes is called "Prozac Nation". Maybe this newsgroup
is the result of long-time exposure of an etremely unhealthy mixture

Nope, it's the sugar. The bread there is loaded with it, for some

reason.

Yes indeed, that too. Too much sugar makes people hyperactive and/or
overweight, you know.

Thus the market for the sugar-free, low-fat salad dressings.

Old November 17th 03, 12:18 AM
Vern93

In article ,
scottabe wrote:

Then why is this Australian a psychopathic criminal and pathological liar?
Too much salad dressing?

salad dressing? salad dressing?!? SALAD DRESSING!!!!!! I think I know
what you *really* mean, and I'm shocked at the innuendo.

Dave
Old November 17th 03, 01:45 AM
ant

Richard Henry wrote:
"Inger Skramstad Jørstad" wrote in message
"ant" skrev i melding
Inger Skramstad Jørstad wrote:
It is no wonder
that the US sometimes is called "Prozac Nation". Maybe this
newsgroup is the result of long-time exposure of an etremely
unhealthy mixture

Nope, it's the sugar. The bread there is loaded with it, for some
reason.

Yes indeed, that too. Too much sugar makes people hyperactive and/or
overweight, you know.

Thus the market for the sugar-free, low-fat salad dressings.

But even your 'normal' salad dressing has a lot less sugar in it than the Oz
equivalent. Often they are the same brands (Kraft etc), but ours are
horribly sweet. They have just begun selling US mayonnaise here, and it's
very popular, as it's the real thing. Creamy, and not loaded with sugar.

ant