TR: Park City 02/10/12 - 02/12/12

Old February 19th 12, 01:55 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
skiguy777

Default TR: Park City 02/10/12 - 02/12/12

Visit my trip report with pictures and links to hotels and
restaurants.

http://www.nogodforme.com/ParkCityResort2012.htm

Trip was good. I didn't care for the powder that much because I had
rental groomer skis on. I even asked them if they would be ok on my
3rd day and they said yes. Next time I'll ask for powder skis if
it's going to snow. Legs were shot after 3 days in a row, that's
also part of why I didn't enjoy the powder that much. The first 2
days were great on the groomers. Then it snowed 7 inches at Alta
while everyone was on the mountain. Not windy, just snowing the
entire time.

Great trip, Staying in SLC saves money on the hotel costs. Red
Iguana was incredible with the Mexican food.
Old February 19th 12, 04:13 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev[_4_]

On 02/18/2012 06:55 PM, skiguy777 wrote:

Visit my trip report with pictures and links to hotels and
restaurants.

http://www.nogodforme.com/ParkCityResort2012.htm

Trip was good. I didn't care for the powder that much because I had
rental groomer skis on. I even asked them if they would be ok on my
3rd day and they said yes. Next time I'll ask for powder skis if
it's going to snow. Legs were shot after 3 days in a row, that's
also part of why I didn't enjoy the powder that much. The first 2
days were great on the groomers. Then it snowed 7 inches at Alta
while everyone was on the mountain. Not windy, just snowing the
entire time.

Great trip, Staying in SLC saves money on the hotel costs. Red
Iguana was incredible with the Mexican food.

Very nice, but I'm left with one question: Why would anyone pay extra
to eat raw food?

--
Cheers, Bev
Bluetooth is especially problematic in San Francisco, because it
Old February 19th 12, 10:53 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
skiguy777

On Feb 19, 12:13*am, The Real Bev wrote:
[...]

It's the healthy diet sweeping the country. The Whole Foods where
I live has classes every Wednesday. I lost 45 pounds, went from 210
to 165. This was a real help on the slopes. In the past, my legs
were shot because I'd pick up speed quickly and spend my time slowing
down to avoid wiping out. This year it was different. My legs
were shot on the 3rd day, but much better on the 2nd. Think about
the physics formulas and take away 45 pounds. That's less weight
going down the mountain and my legs were much better for it. That's
the equivalent of a huge weight that weight lifters use in a bench
press.

I'm going to cut and paste a document I typed up with all the info.
There are many YouTube videos to watch that explain the lifestyle
change.

So to answer your question? Why would we pay $30 to eat at a healthy
restaurant? Because that's how we eat now. The Red Iguana was
the only exception and we ate Chicken there. We're not total hard
core Vegans, but pretty close to it. Cut and paste begins now.

The new buzzword in healthy eating is called “Raw.” It means
limiting processed foods, and cutting back on meat. There are a few
movies to watch on Netflix that explain it.
“Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead” documents weight loss by drinking “Mean
Green Juice.”
“Forks Over Knives” documents how heart disease can be reversed
through diet.
If you search YouTube for those titles, you can watch the trailers.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gv3vEXy_EwU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7ijukNzlUg
How to make the green juice from the movie can be seen here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpVI7fRnpHo
A web site with juices to make can be found here.
http://myjuicecleanse.com/juicer-rec...juice-recipes/
The woman in the video is using a big blender with a paint strainer
bag. If you have the money, buy a Vitamix which is a commercial
blender. It makes smoothies just like Starbucks. I bought my
Vitamix from this site because they have videos explaining each
product.
http://discountjuicers.com/vitamix.html

The diet sweeping the country is headed by Dr. Joel Fuhrman. He was
selling his books and videos on PBS, that’s how my wife saw it. The
latest book out is called “Eat for Heath”
http://www.amazon.com/Eat-Health-Wei.../dp/097996671X
The book is sold out at Whole Foods, you have to order from Amazon.
Basically on this diet, you buy the produce section of the grocery
store, along with nuts, and fruit to make smoothies. Try making
the “Mean Green Juice” to start off.
Got the Facts on Milk?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEj-BuxG8Go
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fdejmoQ3nk

The Rave Diet
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9A62FuxV8PY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=830wtUvyOC0

Clinton on a Vegan Diet
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3ied_AD4iE

Good Luck

Old February 19th 12, 01:39 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha twobuddha is offline
Banned

On Feb 18, 6:55*pm, skiguy777 wrote:

Great trip, Staying in SLC saves money on the hotel costs. * *Red
Iguana was incredible with the Mexican food.

I'll bet Saddam Bob didn't call you a child molester, either.
Old February 19th 12, 06:24 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev[_4_]

On 02/19/2012 03:53 AM, skiguy777 wrote:

On Feb 19, 12:13 am, The Real wrote:
[...]

I understand that. I also understand about eating healthily, which
includes eating mostly vegetables & fruits & not much red meat or
saturated fat etc. Nothing new here, Jack LaLanne was pushing this
stuff in the 1950s. http://www.jacklalanne.com/

He died at 96. My grandma, a good midwestern cook with lots of meat,
butter, sugar, cream, etc. died a 90. My mom went at 89 eating the same
kind of stuff. Both did housework but no special exercise. Genes count
for something, and mine are Nordic/German. They might have lived longer
on a more modern diet, but they wouldn't have enjoyed it as much.

I'm going to cut and paste a document I typed up with all the info.
There are many YouTube videos to watch that explain the lifestyle
change.

So to answer your question? Why would we pay $30 to eat at a healthy
restaurant? Because that's how we eat now. The Red Iguana was
the only exception and we ate Chicken there. We're not total hard
core Vegans, but pretty close to it. Cut and paste begins now.

It's easy to eat raw vegetables and fruit at home and I have half a
dozen sources of decent produce within a 15-minute bikeride.. Why would
I want to pay a restaurant to cut up broccoli in the kitchen and carry
it to my table? I eat out maybe once a month, if that. Why would I
blow my one GOOD meal on something I could do easier and cheaper at home?

Big snip of your cut+paste, sorry. Those interested can back up a step.

--
Cheers, Bev
"Lord, grant me the serenity to accept the things that I cannot change,

Old February 19th 12, 08:11 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Sun, 19 Feb 2012 03:53:50 -0800 (PST), skiguy777
wrote this crap:

The woman in the video is using a big blender with a paint strainer
bag. If you have the money, buy a Vitamix which is a commercial
blender. It makes smoothies just like Starbucks.

I use my blender to make Rum Runners.

Vote for Romney. Repeal the nightmares.
Old February 19th 12, 09:33 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Feb 19, 11:24*am, The Real Bev wrote:

He died at 96. *My grandma, a good midwestern cook with lots of meat,
butter, sugar, cream, etc. died a 90. *My mom went at 89 eating the same
kind of stuff. Both did housework but no special exercise. Genes count
for something, and mine are Nordic/German.

Were they psychopathic pathological liars, too? Did you inherit your
vileness and utter lack of morals and ethics, or did you accomplish
that yourself?
Old February 19th 12, 10:09 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On Feb 19, 11:24*am, The Real Bev wrote:

He died at 96. *My grandma, a good midwestern cook with lots of meat,
butter, sugar, cream, etc. died a 90. *My mom went at 89 eating the same
kind of stuff. Both did housework but no special exercise. Genes count
for something, and mine are Nordic/German. They might have lived longer
on a more modern diet, but they wouldn't have enjoyed it as much.

It's easy to eat raw vegetables and fruit at home and I have half a
dozen sources of decent produce within a 15-minute bikeride.. *Why would
I want to pay a restaurant to cut up broccoli in the kitchen and carry
it to my table? *I eat out maybe once a month, if that. *Why would I
blow my one GOOD meal on something I could do easier and cheaper at home?

I was concerned about my cholesterol level until I found out that the
doctors were happy my father got his down to slightly less than mine.
He will be 87 this year.

As for vegetables, I eat 6 or more servings of vegetables and fruit
every day.

Old February 19th 12, 11:06 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Feb 19, 3:09*pm, Richard Henry wrote:
[...]

Which raises the question: does eating too much fruit and vegetables
make you a pathological liar?
Contact info? I'd like to discuss your diet with SPD.
Old February 20th 12, 02:03 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Walt

On 2/19/2012 2:24 PM, The Real Bev wrote:
I understand that. I also understand about eating healthily, which
includes eating mostly vegetables & fruits & not much red meat or
saturated fat etc. Nothing new here, Jack LaLanne was pushing this
stuff in the 1950s. http://www.jacklalanne.com/

I remember Jack La Lane. What a weird dude. He used to have a TV show
where he did these "exercises" with his German Shepard. It all seemed
pretty unnatural to me.

Many years later (1979) he offered to carry Raquel Welch on his back
through Hollywood to protest the "perversion and promiscuity that has
been sweeping the country". Ms Welch respectfully declined.

He'd probably be right at home here on RSA.

//Walt

TR: Park City 01/17/11 nogodforme Alpine Skiing 6 January 23rd 11 07:58 PM
Park City DZN Alpine Skiing 0 December 9th 06 04:37 AM
Park City Bryan Alpine Skiing 5 March 8th 05 04:40 PM
Park City, Ut Here I Come Fairplay North American Ski Resorts 17 January 20th 05 12:52 PM
Park City Magnum626 Snowboarding 0 February 24th 04 12:00 AM