Ski Days

Old December 8th 04, 01:03 AM
SKIMORE

Default Ski Days

How many days do people in this group actually ski each year?

Old December 8th 04, 01:53 AM
VtSkier

SKIMORE wrote:
How many days do people in this group actually ski each year?

30 to 60
VtSkier
Old December 8th 04, 01:59 AM
Mary Malmros

SKIMORE wrote:

How many days do people in this group actually ski each year?

A lot (I guess 30 to 60), but most of them are not full 9-to-4 days.

--
Mary Malmros
Some days you're the windshield, other days you're the bug.

Old December 8th 04, 02:33 AM
Walt

Mary Malmros wrote:
SKIMORE wrote:

How many days do people in this group actually ski each year?

A lot (I guess 30 to 60), but most of them are not full 9-to-4 days.

Who can keep count? I count resorts, because it's easier to remember.
So, 20 to 30 different hills a season, one to ten days each. Most
are one day affairs. Maybe forty to fifty days?

--
// Walt
//

Old December 8th 04, 04:27 AM
Juan KoolDude

I count, I keep a database with resort, date, conditions, and price.
This helps me make my decisions for the following season and look for
deals. 30-40 days per year. Looking at 40-50 this year since I got a
good deal.

On Tue, 07 Dec 2004 21:33:15 -0500, Walt

http://www.2skierz.com
Old December 10th 04, 02:00 AM
Jack Nixon

wrote:

Mary Malmros wrote:
SKIMORE wrote:

How many days do people in this group actually ski each year?

I get onto the mountain somehing over 100 days a season, but don't feel
it necessary to get first and last lift. I can do that because I live
just a few miles from the base, and am too old for anyone to hire.

Jack

Old December 8th 04, 04:18 AM
Steve FZ1

When I lived in Amarillo, it was 30 to 35 days per year (yep, 8 hours
driving to ski CO / NM is just a day trip, right?). Now I'm in Alabama....
the powder captial of the world... er no - maybe not...

anyway, now its a few days to WV (min 8 hours to anything called skiing),
with a week in CO or WY. maybe 10 total now... I'm always in the market
for a good 40 hr per month job that pays an incredible amount of money... in
the rockies... anybody hiring????

- Steve

"SKIMORE" wrote in message
ups.com...
How many days do people in this group actually ski each year?

Old December 8th 04, 04:22 AM

SKIMORE wrote:
How many days do people in this group actually ski each year?

So far I'm on day 12 but I was laid up for two weeks with an injury. I
always try to get at least 40 days a year in, should be more this year.
I've had at least 40 days per year most years since '77.

snoig

Old December 8th 04, 03:24 AM
pigo

"SKIMORE" wrote in message
ups.com...
How many days do people in this group actually ski each year?

It varies widely. I think that some don't ski at all. Some put on skis but
do something that can't really be described as skiing.

For about 20 years I skied about 100 days per year. Now I ski 5-10.

Old December 11th 04, 08:15 AM
J. Urrrk

"SKIMORE" wrote in message
ups.com...
How many days do people in this group actually ski each year?

Every time I get over 80 days I find myself wishing to do
something else with more of my days. Now I get about 20 in,
but I enjoy them more. There's nothing like hanging around
the top of the mountain at 5:30 in the spring waiting for
patrol sweep to go down and leave you with a little
solitude.

J. Urrrk - Fashionably late.