Distance of the 3 Vallees Route

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 2nd 04, 03:46 PM
CMH

Default Distance of the 3 Vallees Route

If only someone could invent a device to track how far you have been
skiing I wouldn't need to ask this question! Two of us have just
returned from Meribel and on our last day we decided to try and
complete the following route on red & blue runs only, which we just
managed in 6 1/2 hours:-

Meribel Mottaret Courchevel 1650 Mont de la Bray Courchevel 1850
Courchevel 1550 Courchevel Le Praz Courchevel La Tania Meribel

Village Meribel 1450 St. Martin de Belleville Les Menuires Val
Thorens Meribel Mottaret.

We would like to know if anyone can approximate the distance we skiied
that day - It's quite difficult to judge from the piste map and we
have a little bet going as to who's nearer our guesses - I say around
50 miles and he says nearer 75.

Any ideas?

Cheers all and Happy Skiing

Colin

Haute Route on board? -V- Snowboarding 5 March 18th 04 11:24 PM
3 Vallees Lift Pass Mike_Chapman European Ski Resorts 30 January 20th 04 10:35 AM
Quickest route Geneva airport to Val D'Isere Greg Hilton European Ski Resorts 20 November 28th 03 12:02 PM
Mont Blanc - Grand Mulets Route David Off Snowboarding 2 July 17th 03 08:41 AM