in a rich man's house, there's no place to spit but his face

Old October 23rd 03, 12:17 AM
AstroPax

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 10:22:55 CST, "pigo"
wrote:

To think that anything will open in early Nov. around here is really stretching it.

Unfortunately, at this rate, I'm beginning to think that a
Thanksgiving opening is quickly slipping away too.

-Astro

---
maximum exposure f/2.8
http://www.xmission.com/~hound/astro/03-04/index.htm
---

Old October 23rd 03, 05:21 PM
BoftheW

In article , AstroPax says...

Unfortunately, at this rate, I'm beginning to think that a
Thanksgiving opening is quickly slipping away too.

I was thinking the same thing. I did however, do some research on the
correlation between a warm, hot Summer (and Fall) and its impact on the
following Winter. I found that it can actually mean a decent next season:

Unusually hot Summers & Falls:

Year Ensuing Snowfall Comment Link (See Below)
'61 Normal Not born yet (1)
'88 Below Normal Sucked (2)
'94 Normal Good (3)
'96 Above Normal Good (4)
'00 Normal OK (5)

So, from the data (and my memory), I concluded that there were 4 seasons that
were at least decent (normal or better) and one that sucked. That is an 80%
chance that it will at least be normal this year.

BoftheW

Links. Note that seasons carry over to the following calendar year:

(1) http://www.goldcoastwx.com/slc_climo/STLK1961.gif
http://www.goldcoastwx.com/slc_climo/STLK1962.gif

(2) http://www.goldcoastwx.com/slc_climo/STLK1988.gif
http://www.goldcoastwx.com/slc_climo/STLK1989.gif

(3) http://www.goldcoastwx.com/slc_climo/STLK1994.gif
http://www.goldcoastwx.com/slc_climo/STLK1995.gif

(4) http://www.goldcoastwx.com/slc_climo/STLK1996.gif
http://www.goldcoastwx.com/slc_climo/STLK1997.gif

(5) http://www.goldcoastwx.com/slc_climo/STLK2000.gif
http://www.goldcoastwx.com/slc_climo/STLK2001.gif

Old October 23rd 03, 07:37 PM
BoftheW

Addendum:

The Fall Season snowfall for each of these years is listed below:

Year Comments
'61 Looks like it snowed decently in late Oct. mid Nov. & mid Dec.
'88 Little bit of snow in mid Nov. & late Dec. (sucked: bad Thx/Xmas)
'94 Good snow early/mid Nov., early Dec. (good Thx & Xmas skiing)
'96 Little snow in mid Nov., lots in early Dec. (bad Thx, good Xmas)
'00 Mid Nov. snow, early/mid Dec snow (good Thx/good Xmas)

Does your memory recall the same?

Hope that helps!

BoftheW