Where to find internal US flights?

Old October 15th 03, 03:18 PM
Greg Hilton

Default Where to find internal US flights?

It looks like I may be over in the US east coast from the UK a fair few
times during the ski season.

Is there a good place to find low cost internal transfers for flights? If
conditions look good I intend to try and get some skiing in, would consider
flying from East Coast to Denver or SLC if the flight costs aren't too bad.

regards,

greg

Old October 15th 03, 05:29 PM
Sven Golly

Greg Hilton wrote in
:

Is there a good place to find low cost internal transfers for flights?
If conditions look good I intend to try and get some skiing in, would
consider flying from East Coast to Denver or SLC if the flight costs
aren't too bad.

Expedia.com or Travelocity.com. Subscribe to a farewatcher or two for your
target city pair. You can also try for an Orbitz or Hotwire type fare after
you arrive if you're flexible on times. Both of them specialize in bookings
with 0 - 30 days advance purchase.

--
Sven Golly
Trolling as usual

Old October 15th 03, 05:57 PM
bdubya

On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 09:18:38 CST, Greg Hilton wrote:

It looks like I may be over in the US east coast from the UK a fair few
times during the ski season.

Is there a good place to find low cost internal transfers for flights? If
conditions look good I intend to try and get some skiing in, would consider
flying from East Coast to Denver or SLC if the flight costs aren't too bad.

There are plenty of fare-finder services available (expedia,
cheaptickets, orbitz..) but what has usually worked the best for me is
just checking the individual airlines that can get me where I want to
go. Starting with the list of airlines that serve Denver or SLC, for
instance,
http://www.flydenver.com/flights/airlines.asp
http://www.slcairport.com/flights/airlines/
and then finding the equivalent list for your local airport(s), you
should be able to get it down to a manageable half-dozen or so. It
involves more computer time, but I have frequently found cheaper or
more convenient flights this way than the fare-finder services come up
with.

bw

Old October 16th 03, 06:03 AM
Gary S.

On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 11:57:30 CST, bdubya
wrote:

[...]

Very useful suggestions.

Just keep in mind that no one of these will always have the best
pricing. You need to check a number of them, and also figure the best
timing for a low price.

Happy trails,
Gary (net.yogi.bear)

Gary D. Schwartz, Needham, MA, USA

Old October 16th 03, 01:58 PM
Gary S.

On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 09:18:38 CST, Greg Hilton wrote:

It looks like I may be over in the US east coast from the UK a fair few
times during the ski season.

Is there a good place to find low cost internal transfers for flights? If
conditions look good I intend to try and get some skiing in, would consider
flying from East Coast to Denver or SLC if the flight costs aren't too bad.

Also, I wouldn't automatically ignore skiing in the Northeast US. It
is not the same as skiing in the Rockies, but there are some very nice
areas in Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, upstate NY. Very many are 2-4
hours drive from Boston.

Old October 16th 03, 03:28 PM
ant

Greg Hilton wrote:
It looks like I may be over in the US east coast from the UK a fair
few times during the ski season.

Is there a good place to find low cost internal transfers for
flights? If conditions look good I intend to try and get some skiing
in, would consider flying from East Coast to Denver or SLC if the
flight costs aren't too bad.

I find this handy. You get a Yahoo! account, and in My Yahoo set up the
option thingy to show you daily best fares for various return trips
in/around the US. Sometimes some real bargains pop up, and you also get a
feel for prices in general. can't remember what powers this, some largish
travel mob. If you see something nice, you can click on and book it, too.

ant

Old October 16th 03, 03:35 PM
pigo

"ant" wrote in message
Greg Hilton wrote:
It looks like I may be over in the US east coast from the UK a fair
few times during the ski season.

Is there a good place to find low cost internal transfers for
flights? If conditions look good I intend to try and get some skiing
in, would consider flying from East Coast to Denver or SLC if the
flight costs aren't too bad.

I find this handy. You get a Yahoo! account, and in My Yahoo set up

the
option thingy to show you daily best fares for various return trips
in/around the US. Sometimes some real bargains pop up, and you also

get a
feel for prices in general. can't remember what powers this, some

largish
travel mob. If you see something nice, you can click on and book it,

too.

I found Orbitz to be handy too.

You can put in a destination, and # of days, and it gives you a whole
page of departure times/days/airlines. The prices can vary by $7-800 for
essentially the same thing.

Old October 16th 03, 04:20 PM
Monique Y. Herman

On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 at 13:58 GMT, Gary S. penned:

Also, I wouldn't automatically ignore skiing in the Northeast US. It
is not the same as skiing in the Rockies, but there are some very nice
areas in Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, upstate NY. Very many are 2-4
hours drive from Boston.

I found Sunday River, Maine to be an awesome ski area (if you're there
to *ski*, not for the night life). That may be a bit of a drive from
major airports, though.

--
monique
Unless you need to share ultra-sensitive super-spy stuff with me, please

Old October 16th 03, 06:49 PM
Clutch

"Greg Hilton" wrote in message
It looks like I may be over in the US east coast from the UK a fair few
times during the ski season.

Is there a good place to find low cost internal transfers for flights? If
conditions look good I intend to try and get some skiing in, would

consider
flying from East Coast to Denver or SLC if the flight costs aren't too

bad.

regards,

greg

In addition to all the wonderful suggestions you've recieved so far, don't
forget to check www.jetblue.com to see if they service an airport near you.