Downunder foot beds ?

Old August 11th 03, 05:10 PM
Bruno Melli

Default Downunder foot beds ?

Does anybody have experience with these foobeds ?

http://www.realbalance.net/custom_footbeds.html
Sounds interesting on paper but I'm curious to know how they feel
while skiing.

bruno.

Old August 11th 03, 10:50 PM
Bruno Melli

In article ,
bbense+rec.skiing.alpine.moderated.Aug.11.03@tele mark.slac.stanford.edu writes:
It's not clear to me from that
web page exactly what they are selling, but if it's these

http://www.runnersroost.com/downunder.html

Pretty close actually.
When the shop guy first showed it to me I thought it was a cork
superfeet: Red top and cork bottom. (I have cork superfeet that
sometimes gives me cramps on the outside of one foot)
But you can compress the downunders a bit. And it has the same groove
as the one on the runnersroost page.

I assume it is a ski specific version of the ones they show on the
runnersroost page where you have some form of custom fitting done.

bruno.

Old September 9th 03, 09:40 PM
Chuck

bbense+rec.skiing.alpine.moderated.Sep.01.03@tele mark.slac.stanford.edu
wrote in :

There are some good articles over on
www.blarp.com regarding foot beds.
One of the skiers in that group is a podiatrist and he's posted good info
on foot mechanics as it relates to skiing. Botton line is that you
probably shouldn't use the same orthotics in your ski boots as you do in
shoes. "Gait plates" do not allow the arches to flex, which is fine for
walking but not for skiing.

Question weight distribution on front foot. Boyle Lee Snowboarding 1 February 17th 04 01:10 PM
foot steering? copek Snowboarding 2 January 31st 04 02:22 AM
measuring foot for ski boots-footbeds? alex Snowboarding 4 January 27th 04 09:27 PM
measuring foot for ski boots-footbeds? alex Alpine Skiing 4 January 27th 04 09:27 PM
Kick method? was Lower Leg injuries GR Nordic Skiing 24 December 18th 03 09:04 PM