The ski season was so bad this year that ...

Old April 13th 15, 11:15 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

Default The ski season was so bad this year that ...

....Jay Peak got the most snow of any resort in the USA --

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/s...snow/25722359/

Old April 14th 15, 02:30 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Dave Stallard[_4_]

On Monday, April 13, 2015 at 7:15:30 PM UTC-4, Richard Henry wrote:
...Jay Peak got the most snow of any resort in the USA --

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/s...snow/25722359/

I was in Summit Co the last week of March - it wasn't *that* bad. Needed fresh snow though. Learned that I like Keystone waaay better than Dreckenridge.

Dave
Old April 14th 15, 05:36 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Bob F

Dave Stallard wrote:
On Monday, April 13, 2015 at 7:15:30 PM UTC-4, Richard Henry wrote:
...Jay Peak got the most snow of any resort in the USA --

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/s...snow/25722359/

I was in Summit Co the last week of March - it wasn't *that* bad.
Needed fresh snow though. Learned that I like Keystone waaay better
than Dreckenridge.

Stevens pass is getting snow, and re-opened Sunday, scheduled through Wednesday.

I'm going up tomorrow.

It's been a horribly warm winter in the PNW.

Old April 15th 15, 03:00 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

It seems to vary from year to year which of the two, Breck or Keystone, has the better snow and/or grooming. At one time Keystone had consistently better grooming, then Breck caught on and Breck was slightly better for a number of years in the early 2000's. Now they both are pretty good, but I agree that Keystone seemed better, at least for the third week of March.
Old April 15th 15, 12:10 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Dave Stallard[_4_]

On Tuesday, April 14, 2015 at 11:00:52 PM UTC-4, wrote:
It seems to vary from year to year which of the two, Breck or Keystone, has the better snow and/or grooming. At one time Keystone had consistently better grooming, then Breck caught on and Breck was slightly better for a number of years in the early 2000's. Now they both are pretty good, but I agree that Keystone seemed better, at least for the third week of March.

The thing that clinched Keystone for me was the longer runs that just felt "deeper" in descent. Conditions seemed better too. The front side had snow you could call packed powder up top. And I didn't hit nearly as much of the mashed potato glop that I did at Breck.

The thing I hate most about Dreck is the layout. All those multiple peaks are a bug, not a feature. It guarantees traversing. I liked Peak 6 the best, but I was staying close to Peak 9. so a lot of up-down, up-down to get there and back. "Oh gosh, what peak number am I on now?" Hey, If I liked that ****, I'd be skiing Sunday River!

Keystone and A-Basin had better on-mountain barbecue too. The food at Dreck sucked. The only problem with Keystone is that it is a little small for a week. I skied there two days only, and was repeating trails a lot.

Dave

What year? mm Alpine Skiing 1 March 5th 07 04:01 PM
Snow cover - pre-season 2006 compared to last year PG European Ski Resorts 3 November 19th 05 12:11 PM
Seattle area - Maybe we'll have a season this year Bob Snowboarding 7 November 6th 05 06:52 PM
season pass comps for a shot season. LePheaux Alpine Skiing 15 February 7th 05 05:42 PM
New Year's Day ski ? Mark Eastman Nordic Skiing 18 January 6th 05 02:03 AM