Least expensive place to stay in Breckenridge/Silverthorne/Keystone area?

Old December 23rd 14, 05:16 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

Default Least expensive place to stay in Breckenridge/Silverthorne/Keystone area?

I am looking for the cheapest/least expensive area to stay several nights in the Breckenridge/Silverthorne/Keystone area. Suggestions politely please.
Old December 23rd 14, 01:12 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Walt

On 12/23/2014 12:16 AM, wrote:
I am looking for the cheapest/least expensive area to stay several nights in the Breckenridge/Silverthorne/Keystone area. Suggestions politely please.

http://www.minturntable.com/page3.html

Motel/Reataurant in Minturn. Think of it as a dorm built for railroad
workers back in the 50s or so. Not elegant, but very cheap by CO ski
country standards.

Old December 24th 14, 10:43 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On Tuesday, December 23, 2014 5:12:54 AM UTC-8, Walt wrote:
On 12/23/2014 12:16 AM, wrote:
I am looking for the cheapest/least expensive area to stay several nights in the Breckenridge/Silverthorne/Keystone area. Suggestions politely please.

http://www.minturntable.com/page3.html

Motel/Reataurant in Minturn. Think of it as a dorm built for railroad
workers back in the 50s or so. Not elegant, but very cheap by CO ski
country standards.

It looks like a cool old funky place, as long as it's not a shower-down-the-hall kind of place.
Old December 24th 14, 04:01 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

On Wednesday, December 24, 2014 3:43:49 AM UTC-7, Richard Henry wrote:

It looks like a cool old funky place, as long as it's not a shower-down-the-hall kind of place.

Shower down the hall isn't really a big deal. Just take some rubber flip flops. And who knows if that shower gets any less attention than an in room one? You can still run into those hotels in Europe from time to time but not as often as even 10 years ago.

Old December 25th 14, 04:36 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev[_4_]

wrote:

It looks like a cool old funky place, as long as it's not a
shower-down-the-hall kind of place.

Shower down the hall isn't really a big deal. Just take some rubber
flip flops. And who knows if that shower gets any less attention than
an in room one? You can still run into those hotels in Europe from
time to time but not as often as even 10 years ago.

LUUUUXURY! Back when we were traveling across the country sleeping in
the van we used lakes and streams and we were GRATEFUL!

--
Cheers, Bev
Of course SoCal has four seasons:
Old December 25th 14, 05:56 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

You had lakes and streams to bathe in? You lucky *******s!
We used to have to wait for a storm to blow through and then **** into the wind to get washed up.
Old January 6th 15, 03:19 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Walt

wrote:

It looks like a cool old funky place, as long as it's not a
shower-down-the-hall kind of place.

I had a private bathroom when I stayed there about a decade ago. Not
sure if all the rooms have their own bathroom.

Shower down the hall isn't really a big deal. Just take some rubber
flip flops. And who knows if that shower gets any less attention than
an in room one? You can still run into those hotels in Europe from
time to time but not as often as even 10 years ago.

LUUUUXURY! Back when we were traveling across the country sleeping in
the van we used lakes and streams and we were GRATEFUL!

You had a van? That must have been some easy living. All we had was a
Morris Minor which we shared with 17 cousins.

--
//Walt
Old January 6th 15, 04:21 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
lal_truckee

On 12/24/14 2:43 AM, Richard Henry wrote:
It looks like a cool old funky place, as long as it's not a shower-down-the-hall kind of place.

Part of the charm.
Mingle with new people in various states of undress.

Most such hotels provide robes, in both sizes - too short, and too narrow.
Old January 6th 15, 08:37 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

On Tuesday, January 6, 2015 11:00:38 AM UTC-7, The Real Bev wrote:

I had one at Gatwick (London Airport) a few years back. $200 per night. Typical, sorta run down. Nice enough.

But imgine a baked potato, cut in half long ways and scooped out. Place them side by side and you have a general picture of the bed!

I'm more used to the extra firm futon type bed in Europe. This was not one of those.

Old January 6th 15, 10:12 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On Tuesday, January 6, 2015 8:21:38 AM UTC-8, lal_truckee wrote:
On 12/24/14 2:43 AM, Richard Henry wrote:
It looks like a cool old funky place, as long as it's not a shower-down-the-hall kind of place.

Part of the charm.
Mingle with new people in various states of undress.

Most such hotels provide robes, in both sizes - too short, and too narrow..

I stayed at the Alta Peruvian about 30 years ago as the last-minute add-on to a trip planned by my wife's brothers and friends. We had three people in a 2-single-bed room, with a sink in the room and shower and toilet down the hall. I thought it was coolly funky at the time, but today I like to take a long sit on the throne and follow it up with a shower, preferably right between skiing and dinner.

In those days the Peruvian was a little expensive compared to my normal Choice Hotels selection, but it was walking distance to the Alta lifts (and offered shuttle rides to Snowbird). Alta day tickets were included, plus buffet breakfast, coupon good for lunch on the mountain, and dinner at large tables seated with strangers soon to be friends. There was also a heated pool and jacuzzi on the deck, a ski storage and tuning room, and no TV in the building.