the joke continues

Old December 30th 13, 09:22 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
downhill

Default the joke continues

In the free race course that Hunter offers they drove a snowmobile up
and down the fall line middle of the trail when the snow was wet. It
froze solid today and they did not bother to groom. The set the race
course through his unskiable line you passed through it every time you
made a turn.
Nobody skied the course based on the lack of ski marks by the gates.

I stopped and asked the attendant if they were trying to hurt people or
were they just ****ed up setting a course like this.
Old December 31st 13, 03:08 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Bob F

downhill wrote:
In the free race course that Hunter offers they drove a snowmobile up
and down the fall line middle of the trail when the snow was wet. It
froze solid today and they did not bother to groom. The set the race
course through his unskiable line you passed through it every time
you made a turn.
Nobody skied the course based on the lack of ski marks by the gates.

I stopped and asked the attendant if they were trying to hurt people
or were they just ****ed up setting a course like this.

I think you need to find a new ski area.

Old December 31st 13, 03:31 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
downhill

Bob F wrote:
downhill wrote:
In the free race course that Hunter offers they drove a snowmobile up
and down the fall line middle of the trail when the snow was wet. It
froze solid today and they did not bother to groom. The set the race
course through his unskiable line you passed through it every time
you made a turn.
Nobody skied the course based on the lack of ski marks by the gates.

I stopped and asked the attendant if they were trying to hurt people
or were they just ****ed up setting a course like this.

I think you need to find a new ski area.

Only here because in the summer when we made reservations they had not
announced the dropping of NASTAR and other traditional racing programs.
I am down to counting the hours till I leave and never come back.
Been looking at other mountains that are running nastar and plotting
getting there.
We had originally scheduled to the 5th but skipping out early on weds
and planning to go to Sundown in Ct for thursday night racing and might
stay in bed & breakfast near Lime rock and go to Windham on Friday if
they have started NASTAR yet.
Old December 31st 13, 09:39 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Monday, December 30, 2013 3:22:45 PM UTC-6, downhill wrote:
In the free race course that Hunter offers they drove a snowmobile up and down the fall line middle of the trail when the snow was wet. It froze solid today and they did not bother to groom. The set the race course through his unskiable line you passed through it every time you made a turn. Nobody skied the course based on the lack of ski marks by the gates. I stopped and asked the attendant if they were trying to hurt people or were they just ****ed up setting a course like this.

What was their response? Did they know enough about real-world skiing to understand how they svrewed things up??
Old January 1st 14, 01:17 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
downhill

wrote:
On Monday, December 30, 2013 3:22:45 PM UTC-6, downhill wrote:
In the free race course that Hunter offers they drove a snowmobile
up and down the fall line middle of the trail when the snow was
wet. It froze solid today and they did not bother to groom. The set
the race course through his unskiable line you passed through it
every time you made a turn. Nobody skied the course based on the
lack of ski marks by the gates. I stopped and asked the attendant
if they were trying to hurt people or were they just ****ed up
setting a course like this.

What was their response? Did they know enough about real-world
skiing to understand how they svrewed things up??

The one person on the hill that I unloaded on and pointed out the
condition did not really care.

My wife let the events director know and he would look into it, we are
just getting the company BS line from them. I have pointed out several
things to employees and the general answer is that is not my job and I
do not care.
This county in NY state has the highest unemployment % in the state and
when I talk to some of these people I can not understand why they do not
try a little harder. They have reduced most departments by 50% and you
would think that those were left would want to keep there job.

I could have a very long list of issues here, one that I thought was
funny a full time employee here only skis at Windham.

One of the former management employees was let go because he objected to
the cuts and he was adamant you can not run a mountain with out offering
the proper services.
There are a lot less people here than in the past, in years past you
would have parking people, now they only have them in the pay extra
lots. So the parking lot is full but much fewer cars as everybody takes
1.5 spaces. Every other mountain on holidays or busy days have people to
direct parking.

Less than 16 hours I will be back home never to come back here and
prepping for my next outing on thursday.