Kaltenbach/Ried Zillertal

Old November 25th 03, 07:19 AM
jochen scheire

Default Kaltenbach/Ried Zillertal

Hello,

Maybe we will go to Kaltenbach or Ried in February, which parts of Zillertal
can be reached from there? How many km. skiing is there? Are there skipasses
covering the whole Zillertal area? Where can I find info on this?

Greetings

Jochen

Old November 25th 03, 01:41 PM
Adrian D. Shaw

Yn erthygl , sgrifennodd
jochen scheire :
Hello,

Maybe we will go to Kaltenbach or Ried in February, which parts of Zillertal
can be reached from there? How many km. skiing is there? Are there skipasses
covering the whole Zillertal area? Where can I find info on this?

Hochzillertal is the nearest ski area to Kaltenbach if I remember
rightly. Quite small, but when I was last there was rumoured to be about
to link up with the area over the other side of the mountain (forget the
name), which would make it a nice area.

Lots of smallish to medium areas along the valley. The train, which runs
the length of the valley as far as Mayrhofen is included in the pass.
Beyond Mayrhofen a coach will take you on up to Hintertux if you want
(a long journey from Kaltenbach, and extra on the ski pass to include
the glacier).

My favourite place last time we went was Mayrhofen - there seemed more
variety. I never bothered to go all the way up to the glacier though - we
were staying in Schlitters. That was new year 1998 or 1999 (I forget which)
so things may have changed...

Adrian

--
Adrian Shaw ais@
Aberystwyth, Ceredigion, Cymru ac.
Old November 25th 03, 08:39 PM
PSmith

Kaltenbach is adjacent to the resort of Hochzillertal - quite a nice resort.
A couple of miles further on is the much bigger Zell am Ziller which is
excellent - especially now that it is fully linked to Gerlos and
Königsleitten.

At the start of the valley is Hochfugen - worth a daytrip. The end of the
valley is Mayrhofen - a good lively resort with good skiing. Further on is
the Hintertux glacier - handy to have in case of poor snow!

The Super Zillertal pass covers all resorts.
http://www.zillertal.at/en/e_inhalt.php is the valley website. Ski buses and
the valley train are available.