Checklist

Old August 18th 03, 05:20 PM
Frazer Mountford

Default Checklist

Im trying to compile a checklist for things to cover when planning a ski /
board holiday I wonder if anyone can add to the list any that I have
forgotten or if there are any links to such on the internet

Accommodation
Insurance + E111
Travel
Transfers
Lessons
Equipment Hire
Clothing
Lift passes
Travel to from accommodation to slope / Apres ski (if needed)
Currency
Catering (if not provided)
Apres ski
Passports

Old August 19th 03, 01:15 PM
Richard Walsh

"Frazer Mountford" wrote in
:

Im trying to compile a checklist for things to cover when planning a ski /
board holiday I wonder if anyone can add to the list any that I have
forgotten or if there are any links to such on the internet

Accommodation

Yeah, a place to stay is good.

Insurance + E111

Insurance? Doesn't your regular insurance
cover your? WTF is E111?
Travel

Yes, getting there is half the fun.

Transfers

Um, plane transfers?

Lessons

Always a good idea, can double as
area familiarization.

Equipment Hire

I'd bring my own boots and hire skis.

Clothing

Regardless of what others say, coed
naked skiing is not all it's cracked
up to be.

Lift passes

Unless you are heavily into walking uphill.

Travel to from accommodation to slope / Apres ski (if needed)

Public or rented. I'd prefer a public transport
where available.

Currency

Of the local sort, yes.

Catering (if not provided)

Say, are you from the UK? What does "catering"
mean to you? To me it means hiring an outfit to
put on a big meal for something like a wedding.

Apres ski

Beer.

Passports

With particular attention to safekeeping while in
transit and when you are at your destination.

I suppose all this planning is a "good thing" but I
just prefer to have everything close at hand, because
I'm using it several times a week all winter long
except for the passports, anyway. If my holiday is
further away than a ways up the road, I only need to
pack my toothbrush and clean undies, and my passport
if it's away from the US or Canada.

RW

Checklist Frazer Mountford Snowboarding 28 September 3rd 03 06:56 AM
Checklist Barney Alpine Skiing 20 September 3rd 03 06:56 AM
Checklist Frazer Mountford Alpine Skiing 13 August 27th 03 04:14 AM