Mount Bindings

Old November 14th 03, 04:34 PM
lal_truckee

Default Mount Bindings

Jay Pique wrote:

On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 15:23:01 -0000, wrote:

Tooling you'll need --

* drill press

Not in any of the shops I've seen doing mountings.

Agreed. Shops have jigs instead, which makes hole placement easier
(although I've seen some carefully mis-placed holes on new skis come out
of shops) - if you don't have a jig, a drill press can help you place
(and control depth of) the holes.

Old November 15th 03, 03:02 PM

lal_truckee wrote:
wrote:

I have a little story
about a ski patroller who caught me readjusting my bindings at the top

of
the lift ...

And?

Are you going to say there's a mountain where they discourage
self-reliance?

Actually, on this trip I'd rented demo boards and skiied on them a couple
days but took my old Volants with me to the hill. I thought I'd do a few
runs on the old stuff to compare.

Naturally, I didn't notice until I'd skiied about 50 yards off the top of
the first lift that I'd loosened the binding settings back to zero for storage.

No big deal, except that a patroller saw me (clad in Texan neon) skid up
to a bench, take off both sticks, and start cranking like hell on all the
binding screws. He asked "what the hell are you DOING?"

I muttered something about "the last guy who tuned these" but he left me
alome when he saw that I at least appeared to have a clue about what I was
doing.

That wasn't as bad as the first time I used my adjust-o-matic Salomon Equipe
boots (1992) and had to swap the cant plates from one boot to the other ...
halfway up the hill at the Heave.

Nowadays I pay bootfitters to ply their trade.

Good Indo on Decks, Boots, and Bindings?? Barry Dinglehopper Snowboarding 4 January 2nd 04 03:25 PM
NNN Auto Bindings Author Nordic Skiing 4 December 19th 03 10:13 PM
salomon bindings / burton boards Joe Snowboarding 6 December 18th 03 09:48 PM
Flow Bindings mr E Snowboarding 1 November 15th 03 06:32 AM
Atomic Ski Bindings - 4.12 or 6.14 which is better for me? Christopher Luke Alpine Skiing 7 August 10th 03 03:40 PM