blue lines

Old February 13th 06, 06:26 AM

Default blue lines

What's with the blue lines on the slopes? I don't remember seeing those
at the winter olympics before. What are they for?

Old February 13th 06, 07:42 AM

In article . com,
"Bucky" wrote:

What's with the blue lines on the slopes? I don't remember seeing those
at the winter olympics before. What are they for?

They let the skiers see the contours of the snow more clearly.

That's all.

--
Alan Baker
Vancouver, British Columbia
Old February 13th 06, 10:01 AM

On 12 Feb 2006 23:26:41 -0800, "Bucky" wrote:

What's with the blue lines on the slopes? I don't remember seeing those
at the winter olympics before. What are they for?

They have been marking them in the World Cup for a few years now.

They help the skiers in flat light conditions. They also help to give
reference points for TV viewers.
--
Alex Heney, Global Villager
If Windows sucked, it would be good for something!