Life (Skiing) is good!

Old April 12th 04, 01:37 PM
Let Mikey Ski It!

Default Life (Skiing) is good!

Hope you all had a great weekend, too.

Breckenridge Saturday and Sunday (4/10-11), respectively:

http://homepage.mac.com/saemisch/Temp/DSC_6298.jpg
http://homepage.mac.com/saemisch/Temp/DSC_6318.jpg

Mike... 8J

--
See my ski photography at: http://PowderDay.us
Carpe powder-diem
Old April 12th 04, 08:51 PM
Let Mikey Ski It!

Kurt Knisely wrote:

Lake Chutes?

Nope.

(But the other shot was looking towards the south end of the Lake Chutes
with two skiers visible on the hike up).

It doesn't look like "my" line, The Whale.

This shot from Saturday was just east of "your" line in a semi-secret
rarely skiable area. Sweeeeeeet. Your line was looking this good, too:

http://homepage.mac.com/saemisch/Temp/DSC_6232.jpg

Dust on crust this weekend...

We have had -more- than our share of that recently. But, this weekend
was finally good again (even though I have concluded the weather
forecasters are paid by the areas to lie since they predicted much much
more for each of the last two weekends).

Mike...

Old April 13th 04, 07:33 PM
Let Mikey Ski It!

Kurt Knisely mailto
East?...Keystone? North I think. You still have to bag pk 8 to get

there,
right?

Only half-way and there's a gate.

Did the patrol bomb it to the ground a couple times?

Not that shot. It is normally wind-stripped so the conditions have to be
right combined with enough new snow to make it doable. They blast Whale's
but not where that show was taken.

So when do you close, early May? Breck is fun for hiking in the Spring.

Most
of that stuff isn't open much mid-winter though, eh?

Breck closes 25 April. Most of the really good stuff is open by New Year's
or earlier. The wind patterns fill in the Lake Chutes nicely and early.
Imperial took nearly forever to fill in this year. Lots of hiking around
the area going on. Peak's 10, 9 and 6 were bagged this weekend but a
snowboarder took a ride on Peak 10 and was verfy lucky.

Cheers,

Mike...

--
Littleton, Colorado (reply to msaemisch at yahoo dot com)