Aspen area lift tickets

Old February 23rd 04, 02:37 PM
Jeffrey C. Timmons

Default Aspen area lift tickets

I am heading off to the Aspen area for a week long ski vacation in mid
march. Does anyone know of any cheap options for lift tickets?
(Actually anything less than the trivial discount they offer on the
aspen web site.) We have a couple beginners in our group who may only
be skiing at Buttermilk. Are there any cheaper "Buttermilk only" lift
tickets available? 15 years ago when I was in the Aspen area, Aspen
Highlands lift tickets were cheaper than Aspen Mountain or Snowmass.
This does not appear to be the case now. Does anyone know for sure?

Jeff Timmons
(Remove NOSPAM upon reply)
Old February 24th 04, 09:38 PM
eedwards

"Jeffrey C. Timmons" wrote in message
I am heading off to the Aspen area for a week long ski vacation in mid
march. Does anyone know of any cheap options for lift tickets?
(Actually anything less than the trivial discount they offer on the
aspen web site.) We have a couple beginners in our group who may only
be skiing at Buttermilk. Are there any cheaper "Buttermilk only" lift
tickets available? 15 years ago when I was in the Aspen area, Aspen
Highlands lift tickets were cheaper than Aspen Mountain or Snowmass.
This does not appear to be the case now. Does anyone know for sure?

Aspen Highlands tickets use to be cheaper because Aspen Highlands was not,
that time, owned by Aspen Mountain but was, in fact, by Harvard (having been
donated to Harvard...) Of course, Aspen Highlands also ran with old
equipment, old lifts and an old lodge.

Aspen Mountain has since taken Harvard out of the ski business and updated
every aspect of Aspen Highlands, including the price paid for lift tickets.
Aspen Mountain has not been merely as aggressive in marketing their product
in Denver. To my knowledge, there are no Front Range retail or discount
outlets for Aspen. The best deal for Aspen skiing is a periodic $99 single
day in Aspen skiing. For $99, you can fly to Aspen from Denver, be shuttled
from airport to mountain, ski all day and fly back to Denver that night....

Jeff Timmons
(Remove NOSPAM upon reply)