Audio XC book? Road trip! ...Pete's book on tape

Old October 11th 06, 02:08 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

Default Audio XC book? Road trip! ...Pete's book on tape

I'm going to try to get Pete to read his book into a computer so we can
publish an audio version of his "Momentum" book. I think it will
include new stories as well.

Does anyone think this is a good idea?

Anyone know of any other audio XC books out there? I don't mean
technique (if there's even such a book-on-tape) but something engaging
and lively, for road trip listening fun.

I like the idea. Skiers are roadtrippers. They're also out training a
lot. This CD would be great for both purposes.

My goal is, as I said, to have Pete do the reading. He actually has a
neat voice---has a small bit of Western twang. ---Should be fun!

--JP
outyourbackdoor.com

Old October 11th 06, 08:26 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

All of xczone.tv instructional and motivational titles are available in
mp3 audio books and video ipod formats. Listen to or watch skking
technique while you ski. Sort of like having a coach skiing with you.

Old October 12th 06, 03:29 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Norski

Jeff,
Loved reading Pete's book "Momentum" and still occasionally pick it up
to look through it. Pete has inspired the ski community and there are some
impressive projects going on in the nation.
I would think there would be a loss in the translation going to just
audio. Pete comes up with some nice photos which I enjoyed in his book and
the daily postings to www.teamtoday.org So I would not buy the audio CD,
but maybe others would.
Hope this helps you make your business decision.

--

Paul Haltvick

ps.com...

Old October 13th 06, 01:41 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
NordicSkiRacer

Pete reading for an audio version of his book would be AWESOME! I thnk
he could even do better than an already great book by bringing even
more emotion to the story!

Mike

On Oct 12, 11:29 am, "Norski" wrote:
Jeff,
Loved reading Pete's book "Momentum" and still occasionally pick it up
to look through it. Pete has inspired the ski community and there are some
impressive projects going on in the nation.
I would think there would be a loss in the translation going to just
audio. Pete comes up with some nice photos which I enjoyed in his book and
the daily postings towww.teamtoday.org So I would not buy the audio CD,
but maybe others would.
Hope this helps you make your business decision.

--

Paul Haltvick

wrote in glegroups.com...